• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Contractor booked for blast near Wardha ammunition depot that killed 6

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
November 29, 2018
in NATION
A A
0
Contractor booked for blast near Wardha ammunition depot that killed 6
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Nagpur (Maha), Nov 28:  A contractor was booked for culpable homicide in connection with an explosion near the Central Ammunition Depot (CAD) in Maharashtra’s Wardha district last week in which six people were killed, police said Wednesday.

The blast took place at the explosive demolition ground near the depot at Pulgaon town in Wardha on November 20, when around 10 to 15 contract labourers were unloading the ammunition for disposal. Ten people were also injured in the mishap.

More News

Slipper hurled at Pappu Yadav at presser as he defends skit on Ram temple donation theft

PM speaks of ‘forgiving’ students; govt owes them justice, apology: Rahul

Raut backs Raj Thackeray’s Siddhivinayak Temple donation theft claim; points fingers at Shinde, BJP

Load More

The ground near the depot was given to the Ordnance Factory, Khamaria (in Madhya Pradesh) for demolition activities, a Defence official had said earlier.

The contract for work at the site was given to Chandak Constructions, Wardha’s Additional Superintendent of Police Nikhil Pingle said.

A case was registered at the Deori police station against contractor Shankar Chandak based on statements of the injured persons and those present at the site at the time of the incident, he said, adding that an investigation was underway.

Offences were registered earlier this week against the contractor under Indian

Penal Code Sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide).

A search was on for the accused, who was on the run, he said.

Following the mishap, the state government had announced compensation of Rs 5 lakh each to the families of the deceased, Rs 2 lakh each to those who were seriously injured and Rs 50,000 to those who suffered minor injuries in the incident.

State Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar had said that a committee would inquire into the incident and submit a report within one month.

Previous Post

Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary celebrations kicks off in US Capitol

Next Post

Talk they will have to …

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Slipper hurled at Pappu Yadav at presser as he defends skit on Ram temple donation theft

Slipper hurled at Pappu Yadav at presser as he defends skit on Ram temple donation theft
August 2, 2026

New Delhi: A man threw a slipper at Independent MP Pappu Yadav during a press conference at his house on...

Read moreDetails

PM speaks of ‘forgiving’ students; govt owes them justice, apology: Rahul

NDA govt at Centre ‘crippled’; opposition dealt fatal blow to BJP: Rahul Gandhi
August 2, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Sunday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaks of "forgiving" students, but it is...

Read moreDetails

Raut backs Raj Thackeray’s Siddhivinayak Temple donation theft claim; points fingers at Shinde, BJP

BJP rule in Maharashtra worse than Aurangzeb’s time: Raut
August 2, 2026

Mumbai: Shiv Sena (UBT) leader Sanjay Raut on Sunday backed Maharashtra Navnirman Sena president Raj Thackeray's claim of donation theft...

Read moreDetails

Fourth edition of tri-service future warfare course to begin from Monday

August 2, 2026

New Delhi: The fourth edition of the tri-service future warfare course, which covers a wide range of subjects, including geopolitical...

Read moreDetails

BJP leaders file police complaint against Rahul, Pappu Yadav over skit; FIR in Varanasi

Transport facilities arranged to ensure seamless participation in PM’s rally: BJP
August 2, 2026

New Delhi/Varanasi, Aug 1 (PTI) BJP leaders, including MP Bansuri Swaraj, filed a police complaint in Delhi on Saturday, demanding...

Read moreDetails

Amit Shah presents Lokmanya Tilak National Award to NSA Ajit Doval

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
August 1, 2026

Pune: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday presented the Lokmanya Tilak National Award to National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Why this bias?

Talk they will have to …

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.