Images News Netwok

45-year-old woman electrocuted in Handwara

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar, Sep 09: A woman died due to electric shock in Tarathpora area of Handwara in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Sunday afternoon.

GNS quoted a police officer saying that Shareefa (45), wife of Manzoor Ahmad Lone, received electric shock when she came in contact with a live wire outside her home at Hurdona area of Tarathpora.

Shareefa was immediately taken to nearby hospital where doctors declared her dead on arrival, he said.

After completing medico-legal formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to her relatives for last rites, he added.

A case under 174 CrPC has been registered and further investigations taken up, he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *