• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Myanmar rejects UN probe on Rohingya abuses

AFP/ PTI by AFP/ PTI
August 29, 2018
in Latest News
A A
0
Myanmar rejects UN probe on Rohingya abuses
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Yangon, Aug 29:  Myanmar rejected today the findings of a UN probe alleging genocide by its military against the Rohingya, in a strident government response to a damning report on the crisis.

Myanmar has come under immense pressure this week over last year’s military crackdown that pushed more than 700,000 of the Muslim minority into Bangladesh.

More News

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

 Traditional ‘tongas’ gather popularity in Jammu border belt amid PM appeal to save fuel

3 drug peddlers held

Load More

Monday’s report by a UN fact-finding mission said there was evidence of genocide and crimes against humanity “perpetrated on a massive scale”.

In a session of the UN Security Council late Tuesday several countries — including the United States — called for Myanmar’s military leaders to face international justice.

But Myanmar on Wednesday rejected the remit of the UN mission and its findings.

“We didn’t allow the FFM (the UN Fact-Finding Mission) to enter into Myanmar, that’s why we don’t agree and accept any resolutions made by the Human Rights Council,” government spokesman Zaw Htay said according to the state-run Global New Light of Myanmar newspaper.

He pointed to the formation of Myanmar’s own Independent Commission of Enquiry, which he said was set up to respond to “false allegations made by the UN agencies and other international communities”.

Zaw Htay also lashed out at Facebook for pulling down the pages of Myanmar’s army chief and other top military brass, saying that it could hamper the government’s efforts with “national reconciliation”.

The social media giant has admitted it was too slow to react to the crisis, which saw its platform — which is wildly popular in Myanmar — become an incubator of hate speech against the Rohingya.

Previous Post

Encounter breaks out in Anantnag, Internet snapped

Next Post

Hizb commander Altaf Kachroo among two militants killed in Anantnag encounter

AFP/ PTI

AFP/ PTI

Related Posts

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

 Traditional ‘tongas’ gather popularity in Jammu border belt amid PM appeal to save fuel

 Traditional ‘tongas’ gather popularity in Jammu border belt amid PM appeal to save fuel
May 18, 2026

R S Pura/Jammu:  Traditional horse-driven tongas, once a common mode of transport in the border areas of Jammu, are seeing...

Read moreDetails

3 drug peddlers held

May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Police have arrested three drug peddlers in Awantipora and Anantnag and recovered contraband substances from their possession. A police...

Read moreDetails

BOPEE conducts CET for GNM, ANM courses

Examination Controller is not a flying bird
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations on Sunday conducted the Common Entrance Test (CET) for GNM and...

Read moreDetails

Police attach drug trafficker’s house in Shopian

Govt promotes 27 DySsP to Incharge Superintendents of Police
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Police in Shopian have attached a residential house constructed on six Marlas of land valued at ₹3,97,638 belonging to...

Read moreDetails

At UN, India flags concerns over targeting of vessels in Strait of Hormuz

Pakistan violated spirit of IWT by inflicting three wars, thousands of terror attacks on India: India tells UN
May 18, 2026

United Nations: Targeting commercial shipping, endangering civilian crew and impeding freedom of navigation in the Strait of Hormuz is "unacceptable",...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Hizb commander Altaf Kachroo among two militants killed in Anantnag encounter

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.