• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, February 23, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Another Kathua accused declared as adult

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
July 6, 2018
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Delhi HC quashes notification disqualifying 20 AAP MLAs
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

 Pathankot: The Pathankot district and sessions court has accepted a medical report of an accused in the Kathua rape-and-murder case, who claimed to be a juvenile, which ascertained his age to be more than 20 years, Special Public Prosecutor J K Chopra said.

Rejecting the plea of defence counsel, district and sessions judge Tajwinder Singh said the accused, Parvesh Kumar alias ‘Mannu’, will be treated as an adult, the lawyer said.

More News

‘Don’t share OTP, Aadhaar, bank details’: PM Modi’s tips on combating digital fraud

Three JeM terrorists killed in Kishtwar encounter

‘Sixth Khelo India Winter Games to begin at Gulmarg today

Load More

Chopra said the court has declined his application and declared the accused as a ‘major’.

Kumar’s counsel A K Sawhney told reporters outside the court that they would be challenging the verdict of the trail court in the Supreme Court soon.

The medical report was submitted before the court earlier this week by the Jammu and Kashmir Police’s Crime Branch after it resumed post summer break.

The district and sessions judge had issued directions to the Crime Branch to conduct a bone ossification test to ascertain the age of Kumar, one of the eight accused in the brutal rape-and-murder case of an eight-year-old nomadic girl in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir in January.

Asked what was the opinion of the doctors about the age of the accused, Chopra said, “According to it (the medical opinion), his age is stated to be 20 plus.”

The fate of another accused, who has claimed to be a juvenile, is yet to be decided as the matter was pending before the Jammu and Kashmir High Court after the Crime Branch moved an application urging him to be treated as an adult based on his medical reports.

The court had ordered the test after the defence counsel moved an application in the first week of June, requesting to treat him as a minor citing his matriculation certificate.

The Crime Branch had constituted a team of doctors, comprising medicos from various streams including the Radiology department, and the accused was examined on June 22 and 23.

The court had directed Senior Superintendent of Police R K Jalla to supervise the medical examination and submit the report when the court reopens after a 16-day summer break.

While seven of the accused, including Kumar, are facing trial in the court here on the directions of the Supreme Court, the eighth accused in the case is facing trial in a juvenile court in Kathua district.

Previous Post

Javid Beigh too blows beguile of revolt

Next Post

Amarnath Yatra remains suspended for second day

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

‘Don’t share OTP, Aadhaar, bank details’: PM Modi’s tips on combating digital fraud

   PM Modi pitches for ‘swadeshi’ goods
February 23, 2026

New Delhi: "Do not share your OTP, Aadhaar number, or bank account details with anyone. Most importantly, change your passwords...

Read moreDetails

Three JeM terrorists killed in Kishtwar encounter

Three JeM terrorists killed in Kishtwar encounter
February 23, 2026

Jammu: Three members of the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) terror outfit were killed in an encounter with security forces in Kishtwar...

Read moreDetails

‘Sixth Khelo India Winter Games to begin at Gulmarg today

‘Sixth Khelo India Winter Games to begin at Gulmarg today
February 23, 2026

Gulmarg: The famous ski-resort, Gulmarg is ready to host the sixth Khelo India Winter Games (KIWG) in which over 400...

Read moreDetails

‘Continued delay’ in restoration of statehood to J-K is concerning: Farooq Abdullah

NC-led govt achieved a lot in one year despite UT status: Farooq Abdullah
February 23, 2026

Srinagar: Ruling National Conference (NC) president Farooq Abdullah on Sunday expressed concern over the "continued delay" in the restoration of...

Read moreDetails

NHPC to launch desilting as Salal reservoir’s capacity shrinks 96 per cent

IWT to remain suspended until Pakistan abjures support for cross-border terror: Jal Shakti ministry
February 23, 2026

Jammu: Decades after key sediment-management facilities were rendered inoperable under the Indus Waters Treaty, the reservoir of the Salal power...

Read moreDetails

Last rites of Jammu student who died in Russia-Ukraine war held

Last rites of Jammu student who died in Russia-Ukraine war held
February 23, 2026

Jammu:  Manjinder Singh, 24, travelled to Russia on a student visa with hopes of higher education and supporting his family....

Read moreDetails
Next Post
GoI decides on multiple-tier security for Amarnath pilgrimage 2018

Amarnath Yatra remains suspended for second day

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.