PDD’s need-based employee electrocuted in Budgam
Leopard mauls toddler to death
Budgam, Jun 07: A need-based employee working in the Power Development Department (PDD) was electrocuted while connecting power supply here in Meerpora Chewdara area of Budgam on Thursday.
The deceased identified as Abdul Rehman Ganaie of Machama Beerwah, was carrying out some repairs near a transformer when he came in contact with live wire, said a PDD official.
He said that Ganaie was rushed to Sub-District Hospital Magam where he was declared dead on arrival.
Executive Engineer, PDD Budgam, Nasrullah Jan told ‘Kashmir Images’ that deceased was a need-based worker working with PDD.
“Abdul Rehman was connecting power supply to a village near Meerpora Chewdora in Beerwah where he received electric shock,” Jan added.
Pertinently this is the second such incident in Budgam in as many days. Yesterday also an employee pf PDD was injured when he suffered an electric shock while carrying out repairs in the Nagratkha village.
Meanwhile, a toddler was mauled to death by a leopard in Sitharan area of Budgam district on Wednesday night.
Four-year-old Amir Ahmad Lone was attacked by a leopard in the courtyard of his house.
Locals said the injured child was rushed to Primary Health Centre Khag where he was declared dead on arrival.
They said that the leopard had entered into the area from nearby forests.