• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

NIA files charge sheet against Hizb chief’s son

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 21, 2018
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
NIA raids Srinagar central jail
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Apr 20 : The NIA today filed a charge-sheet against Syed Shahid Yusuf, son of Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Salahuddin, in a 2011 “terror funding” case.

District judge Poonam Bamba posted the matter for considering the charge-sheet on May 04.

More News

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate

Load More

The 42-year-old Yusuf, who was posted as an agricultural assistant in central Kashmir’s Budgam district, was arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on October 24 last year.

Yusuf’s bail plea was dismissed by the trial court on March 07. He is in judicial custody.

The NIA had earlier alleged that the accused was linked with banned militant organisations such as Hizbul Mujahideen.

It had said the case was registered on the basis of information that “funds from Pakistan were sent to Jammu and Kashmir via Delhi through hawala channels to spread terrorism”.

The NIA had in 2011 arrested a number of persons, including Ghulam Mohammad Bhat, with Rs 21.2 lakh, alleging that Yusuf was “one of the several Indian contacts of Bhat” who had been in touch with him for receiving money transfer codes.

It had alleged that Yusuf’s involvement was found in collecting funds from a militant outfit in Saudi Arabia as well as from other accused on directions of his father Mohammad Yousuf Shah alias Syed Salahuddin, the supreme commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen.

Syed Salahuddin was declared a “Specially Designated Global Terrorist” by the US Department of State in June last year.

The NIA has claimed that Yousuf has received about Rs 4.5 lakh so far through eight international wire transfers.

It had also registered two other cases related to “terror funding” — one in November 2011 and the other in May 2017. It had filed a charge-sheet against 10 people including Salahuddin in the April 2011 case.

In the recent case, the NIA arrested various people, including some close relatives and aides of separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani.

Previous Post

Devotees raise their hands in prayers at Dargah Hazratbal…

Next Post

GoI mulls ordinance to award death penalty for child rape

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit
February 20, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday strongly pitched for democratising artificial intelligence, and said some countries believe that...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Thursday said that the return of the Kashmiri Pandit community to the valley, with...

Read moreDetails

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate
February 20, 2026

JAMMU: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly today passed grants amounting to ₹61,575.88 lakh for the General Administration Department (GAD),...

Read moreDetails

CM pledges regularisation of daily-wagers in 2026

Omar calls for minority status to Mata Vaishno Devi medical college to resume its operation
February 20, 2026

Jammu, Feb 19: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said the government will initiate the process of regularising daily-rated, ad-hoc...

Read moreDetails

Action against big sharks first, others later: CM Abdullah on land encroachment

Omar Abdullah presents Rs 1.27 lakh cr budget, announces welfare/development measures to boost economy
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Taking a firm stand against encroachment on government land, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday assured action in the...

Read moreDetails

CM pitches for separate department to study climate change

31 Jammu colonies regularised, further process stayed by HC: CM
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday called for the formation of a specific department which will study climate change...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
GoI mulls ordinance to award death penalty for child rape

GoI mulls ordinance to award death penalty for child rape

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.