• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

Woman opens fire at YouTube HQ, injures 3 before killing self

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 5, 2018
in WORLD
A A
0
Woman opens fire at YouTube HQ, injures 3 before killing self
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Washington, Apr 4:  A woman opened fire at the YouTube headquaters today in the US state of California, wounding three people before killing herself, officials said, calling it a prima facie case of domestic dispute.

The suspect, who died of apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, has been identified as 38-year-old Nasim Aghdam, two police officials were quoted as saying by the NBC.

More News

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

Load More

The headquarters of YouTube, a video-sharing service owned by Alphabet Inc’s Google, in San Bruno near Silicon Valley has a significant number of Indian-American professionals.

Officials said they believe the motive behind the incident was a domestic related-dispute and is not terror-related at this point of the investigation, the report said.

The woman shot three people at the YouTube headquarters in Northern California, officials said.

As people scrambled off the patio outside a cafe on the YouTube campus, a fourth person was hurt, injuring her ankle.

San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini said the suspect was found at the scene and appeared to have killed herself with a 9 mm handgun.

The shooter is believed to have known at least one of the victims, two law enforcement officials said.

One of the victims, a 36-year-old man, is said to be in a critical condition.

The other two victims are a 32-year-old woman who was in serious condition and a 27-year-old woman who was in fair condition, officials said.

US President Donald Trump was briefed on the shooting.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with everybody involved. Thank you to our phenomenal law enforcement officers and First Responders that are currently on the scene,” he said.

Google, which owns the world’s biggest online video website, in a tweet, advised all other employees in the Bay Area, and people with meetings scheduled, to stay away from the area.

“There is no need to take any action. We have provided employees a helpline,” it said.

In another tweet, it said the company was coordinating with authorities.

“Re: YouTube situation, we are coordinating with authorities and will provide official information here from Google and YouTube as it becomes available,” Google communications tweeted.

In an email to his employee, Google CEO Sunder Pichai said that the shooting happened when employees were having lunch at YouTube headquarters.

“Earlier this afternoon, while our employees were having  lunch, we received reports of an active shooter at YouTube in San Bruno. Law, enforcement and our security team worked to evacuate the buildings and prioritise the safety of everyone there,” Pichai said in a message which was posted on Twitter.

“The best information we have is that the situation is contained. We are very actively monitoring and working with local authorities and hospitals. lt ‘s with great sadness that I tell you —  based on the latest information — four  people were injured in this horrific act of violence,” Pichai said.

“From everyone at Apple, we send our sympathy and support to the team at YouTube and Google, especially the victims and their families,” Cook tweeted.

“My stomach sinks with yet another active shooter alert. I’m praying for the safety of everyone at YouTube headquarters,” tweeted Senator Dianne Feinstein.

YouTube headquarters is located some 50 kilometres from the main Google campus in Mountain View.

Previous Post

Altaf Bukhari inaugurates Mufti Sayeed memorial international art exhibition

Next Post

DDC Bandipora reviews Capex Budget for current financial year

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Director FES issues advisory on fire prevention
May 5, 2026

Beijing: At least 21 people were killed and 61 others injured in a massive explosion at a fireworks factory in...

Read moreDetails

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

UK review warns against anti-India rhetoric over Kashmir, pro-Khalistan extremism
May 3, 2026

Ottawa: Canada's intelligence agency has declared Khalistani extremists a "national security threat", adding that the group uses institutions to promote...

Read moreDetails

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

April 24, 2026

New Delhi:  The US on Thursday sought to control the damage done by a controversial social media repost by US...

Read moreDetails

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp
April 8, 2026

Tehran: US President Donald Trump pulled back on his threats to launch devastating strikes on Iran late Tuesday, swerving to...

Read moreDetails

India’s permanent contribution to agenda of world community is of enormous importance for us: Guterres

UN says violence against children in conflict reached extreme levels in 2023, including in Gaza
February 17, 2026

United Nations:  India's permanent contribution to the agenda of the international community and that of the UN is of "enormous...

Read moreDetails

Jaishankar reiterates India’s support for UNSC reform during meeting with G7 counterparts in Germany

Those enjoying benefits of permanent membership clearly not in hurry to see UN reforms: Jaishankar
February 14, 2026

Munich: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Saturday met his counterparts from the G7 countries as he reiterated India’s support...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
DDC Bandipora reviews Capex Budget for current financial year

DDC Bandipora reviews Capex Budget for current financial year

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.