• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

‘Don’t change status quo on border to avert another Dokalam’

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 25, 2018
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
‘Don’t change status quo on border to avert another Dokalam’

File Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Beijing, Mar 24 :Any change of status quo along the India-China border may lead to another Dokalam-like crisis, India’s envoy here has cautioned even as he asserted there was “no change” at the standoff site even though the PLA may be reinforcing its troops “well behind the sensitive area”.

Gautam Bambawale said though “no change” has taken place in the standoff site at Dokalam after it was resolved last year, he squarely blamed China for the crisis saying it happened because Beijing tried to alter the “status quo” which it should not have.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

“No, I can tell you that you in Dokalam area, which we call close proximity or sometimes the face-off site, the area where there was close confrontation or close proximity between Indian and Chinese military troops, that there is no change taking place today,” Bambawale said reacting to reports of the Chinese military stepping up infrastructure build-up in the area.

“Maybe behind, the Chinese may be putting more military barracks to put in more soldiers, but that is well behind the sensitive area,” he said in a wide-ranging interview to the Hong Kong-based South China Morning Post.

“Those are the things you’re free to do and we are also free to do, because you’re doing it inside your territory and we are doing it inside our territory,” he said.

Recent reports said the Chinese military is trying to work around or outflank Indian troops in the Dokalam area.

“If anyone changes the status quo, it will lead to a situation like what happened in Dokalam. I can tell you very frankly and you can quote me on this. The Chinese military changed the status quo in the Dokalam area and therefore India reacted to it. Ours was a reaction to the change in the status quo by the Chinese military,” he said, adding that China should inform India about such initiatives in sensitive areas.

He called for delineation of the 3,488-km Line of Actual Control (LAC) which China has refused earlier.

He said at present both countries are having “a lot of dialogue” especially at the political level, and also at the economic level, as he welcomed Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi’s recent comments that the Indian elephant and the Chinese dragon must not fight but dance together.

He also said Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit China to take part in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation(SCO) in June during which there will “definitely” be a bilateral meeting between him and President Xi Jinping.

The summit is due to be held in the Chinese city of Qingdao from June 9-10.

Previous Post

Traffic police seizes over-loaded school van

Next Post

SMHS trauma theatre on fire; all safe

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
SMHS trauma theatre on fire; all safe

SMHS trauma theatre on fire; all safe

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.