PHDCCI discusses education sector
Srinagar: The Education Committee of PHD Chamber Of Commerce & Industry Kashmir today held a meeting with the stakeholders of the education sector wherein various pertinent issues were discussed.
The members of education committee of PHD Chamber highlighted various issues which the private education sector is facing presently.
A statement issued here said that the committee decided to take up the following issues with the state government:
1) For the improvement of quality of education the National level Policy on education should also be implemented in J&K State.
2) The Court order for School buses and fee structure revision to be implemented and the necessary orders from state government should be issued.
3) The policy of the state government to relax the norms for declaring education as non-profit as well as profit sector.
4) Simplification of registration and renewal process by introducing online system norms in line with ease of doing business.
5) Fixing of separate norms for aided and un-aided schools.
The meeting was chaired by Mushtaq Ahmed Chaya, Chairman PHDCCI Kashmir.
Showket Ahmed Chowdhary, Chairman State Expert Committee on Education, Bilal Ahmed Kawoosa Secretary General PHDCCI Kashmir, G.N War and noted educationist Professor C.L Vishen and PHD Chamber members of education sector were present in the meeting.