• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, February 23, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Steyn rules himself out of third Australia Test

KI News by KI News
March 17, 2018
in SPORTS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

JOHANNESBURG: South Africa’s fast bowler Dale Steyn has ruled himself out of a possible return for the third test against Australia which starts next Thursday as he continues his recovery from a troublesome heel injury.

The veteran paceman, who is just three wickets away from becoming the country’s most successful bowler, has not played since the injury ruled him out midway through the first test against India in Cape Town in January.

More News

My focus is on getting wickets, not on outside expectations: J&K pacer Auqib Nabi

Indian-origin players bringing pride to respective countries; hallmark of Indianness: PM Modi

Secretary Sports Council reviews arrangements for 6th Khelo India Winter Games at Gulmarg

Load More

“The problem as a fast bowler is I need to land on that front foot of mine. Putting eight or nine times my body weight on that front foot… it can only handle so much,” Steyn told South Africas Independent Media group.

Steyn has foregone a chance to play in a four-day domestic first class game this weekend ahead of next weeks test at Newlands.

He is instead hoping for a chance to play in the fourth test at the Wanderers in Johannesburg at the end of the month.

“People are saying it is so disappointing that you cant play the four-day game but what would be worse is playing the game and walking off with another injury,” he said.

“That speaks for the test matches too. I cant imagine another test where I need to walk off halfway because my foot is just a little bruised.

“I can’t let my team mates down, or my country for that matter. It has happened a couple of times now. We are pushing for that fourth test,” he added.

Steyn, 34, had been mooted as a possible replacement for the suspended Kagiso Rabada, who was banned for the rest of the series against Australia after being twice charged for unsporting behaviour during South Africa’s second test win in Port Elizabeth.

The series is tied at 1-1.

Previous Post

Death toll rises to 6 after collapse of Miami footbridge

Next Post

No proposal under consideration to discontinue Rs 2,000 note: Govt

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Related Posts

My focus is on getting wickets, not on outside expectations: J&K pacer Auqib Nabi

My focus is on getting wickets, not on outside expectations: J&K pacer Auqib Nabi
February 22, 2026

Hubballi:  Auqib Nabi's stellar role in propelling Jammu and Kashmir to their maiden Ranji Trophy final has placed him firmly...

Read moreDetails

Indian-origin players bringing pride to respective countries; hallmark of Indianness: PM Modi

Transparent system, honest efforts, people’s participation led to poverty decline: PM Modi
February 22, 2026

New Delhi:  Countless Indian-origin players are bringing pride to their respective countries and this is the hallmark of Indianness as...

Read moreDetails

Secretary Sports Council reviews arrangements for 6th Khelo India Winter Games at Gulmarg

February 22, 2026

GULMARG: Secretary, Jammu & Kashmir Sports Council, Nuzhat Gul, conducted a detailed review of the arrangements for the forthcoming 6th...

Read moreDetails

Khelo India Winter Games and the rising graph of Himachal Pradesh’s snow warriors

February 22, 2026

Gulmarg: The journey of the Himachal Pradesh contingent through the first five editions of the Khelo India Winter Games is...

Read moreDetails

Jofra, Jacks power England to sensational win after Salt’s 62

February 22, 2026

Pallekele:  The pace-spin duo of Jofra Archer and Will Jacks tore through Sri Lanka's top-order after Phil Salt's 40-ball 62...

Read moreDetails

Organisers of Winter Games made clean energy a priority, here’s how they did it

Organisers of Winter Games made clean energy a priority, here’s how they did it
February 20, 2026

CORTINA D’AMPEZZO, Italy:  It takes an immense amount of energy to power venues and make snow for the Winter Olympics...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

No proposal under consideration to discontinue Rs 2,000 note: Govt

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.