• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

NC still says CM ready to hand over case to CBI

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
March 9, 2018
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
NC accuses CM of nepotism as Madni’s son gets job in KVIB
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar, Mar 08: Opposition National Conference on Thursday alleged that Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti was preparing an pretext to hand over the brutal and barbaric Kathua rape-and-murder case to the CBI as per the demand of her party’s alliance partner, the BJP- so as to shield the accused.

According to a party press release, senior NC leaders led by party general secretary Ali Muhammad Sagar, provincial president Nasir Aslam Wani, Chaudhary Muhammad Ramzan and Muhammad Akbar Lone and others held a detailed meeting at party headquarters here today to discuss the recent shocking developments surrounding the heart-rending case.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

In a joint statement issued after the meeting, the NC leaders expressed anguish and shock at the recent revelation in various media reports that crucial evidence from the case had been destroyed by a police officer in a clear attempt to save the culprits.

“This recent revelation not only indicates the insensitivity of the state government in general and the ruthlessness and inefficiency of the Chief Minister in particular, but also clearly hints at a nefarious plan by the Chief Minister to seek an excuse to hand over the case to the CBI as is being demanded by the ‘Hindu Ekta Manch’ and the BJP ministers,” the NC statement said.

It alleged that from day-one,  this government has been compounding the pain of this grave tragedy and tormenting the victim’s family through its “irresponsible, casual, insensitive and chaotic approach” towards such a heinous crime that appears to have been perpetuated to instill fear and horror into the hearts and minds of a particular community.

Nowhere in the world would there be a precedent to Cabinet ministers violating prohibitory orders to address a rally in favor of primary accused in the rape and murder of a child even when the ministers know that the evidence against the accused is conclusive as per the police, NC said.

“The Cabinet ministers have not only politicized this heinous crime but have also ridiculed the Jammu and Kashmir Police by openly challenging its efficiency and objectivity as the Chief Minister cowered into a corner to save her chair.

“This whole plan seems to have come a full circle with the new revelation that crucial evidence has been destroyed by a police officer. While the said police officer has been apparently arrested, what does the Chief Minister intend to do about her Cabinet colleagues who have provided the political backing and thought behind such mischief by openly coming out in support of the accused?” NC asked.

“There is no doubt in our mind that the Chief Minister has buckled under pressure and is looking for an excuse to hand over the case to the CBI and this latest development proves that beyond a doubt,”  NC leaders alleged.

They said it was also tragic that the Chief Minister could not even protect the family of 8-year-old Asifa (victim) after her gruesome murder and watched as a “mute, helpless spectator as communal elements prevented her family from burying her in the village graveyard.”

“The family had to travel to a neighboring village at night to bury her body after goons with political patronage prevented the family from burying her in her own village. The Chief Minister is so invested in photo-opportunities that she converted this tragedy into one as well.

“Rather than delivering justice to the family of Asifa, the Chief Minister – true to her PR style of politics – chose to take pictures with the family of the murdered girl when they came to her office to seek justice,” NC alleged.

“What face will the Chief Minister show to Asifa’s family now as she openly facilitates an imminent miscarriage of justice to appease her Cabinet colleagues and to remain in power?” the senior NC leaders asked.

They said the Chief Minister should come out and publicly disclose her motives and answer crucial questions about her complicity in facilitating the possible transfer of this case to the CBI.

“The apprehensions and the perception that the government wants to delay and finally deny justice in this case are being vindicated. The High Court must intervene and take a strong notice of what’s being done at the behest of the powers that be and the sternest possible punishment should be meted out to not only the culprits but also those ministers, politicians and officers who are involved in attempts to dilute and distort the case by browbeating and intimidating not only the victim’s family but also the investigating officers of the police,” NC said.

Previous Post

Don’t politicize rape-and-murder case: SWC

Next Post

CM says no to CBI probe into Kathua rape-and-murder case

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
As Kathua shuts, PDP condemns politicization of rape and murder

CM says no to CBI probe into Kathua rape-and-murder case

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.