• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Sardar Singh to lead India at Sultan Azlan Shah Cup

KI News by KI News
February 21, 2018
in SPORTS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: With rumours over his future doing the rounds, Sardar Singh has been included in the 18-man squad announced for the annual Sultan Azlan Shah Cup and to top it all, he has been named as the captain in the absence of regular skipper Manpreet Singh. The tournament begins on March 3 in Ipoh, Malaysia and sees Australia, Argentina, England, Ireland, India and hosts Malaysia vying for the title. The final will be played on March 10.

“Sardar is one of the leaders in the core group and in Manpreet Singh’s absence, he has been chosen for the job. He is an experienced player and having missed two tournaments previously, this is an opportunity for him to show his skills,” said India coach Sjoerd Marijne.

More News

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka

  West Indies brush aside Italy by 42 runs to sign off group stage on high note

India need to tackle top-order predictability and finger spin struggles going into Super8s

Load More

The 31-year-old who was a regular in the India set up and led from the front, had seen his place come into question owing to fitness concerns and youngsters making their mark for the places. Despite being included in the 33-member core group for the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast in April, he is unlikely to make a trip to Australia, if reports are to be believed. As per sections of the media, selection committee – comprising Marijne and high performance director David John – will keep the Sultan Azlan Shah and Commonwealth Games teams separate.

“Absolutely not. Every player that is selected has to perform to be selected for the next tournament. So, Sardar is under the same scrutiny as the other 17 players in the team. But we rule no player out of any tournament. If he keeps performing at a high level, he will still be part of the plans,” said John to DNA on suggestions that Sultan Azlan Shah could be Sardar’s swansong.

Sardar’s playing position has been under scrutiny too and under Marijne he has been employed in defence from his usual spot in the middle of the midfielder. For the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup, he has been included in the midfield – if the squad sheet is an indication.

Previous Post

Son of former Pakistani cricketer commits suicide

Next Post

PSL3:  trophy unveiled in Dubai

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Related Posts

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka

Bennett, Raza power Zimbabwe to 6-wicket win over Sri Lanka
February 19, 2026

Colombo:  Brian Bennett’s measured fifty and Sikandar Raza’s raw power propelled Zimbabwe to a facile six-wicket win over a fancied...

Read moreDetails

  West Indies brush aside Italy by 42 runs to sign off group stage on high note

Hetmyer fifty, Shepherd five-for power Windies to easy win over Scotland
February 19, 2026

Kolkata: Skipper Shai Hope's second consecutive fifty and a disciplined performance by bowlers powered West Indies to a comfortable 42-run...

Read moreDetails

India need to tackle top-order predictability and finger spin struggles going into Super8s

February 19, 2026

Ahmedabad:  India's assistant coach Ryan ten Doeschate has acknowledged two pressing issues facing the team heading into the Super 8s...

Read moreDetails

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned

J&K enters maiden Ranji Trophy final; Bengal left stunned
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  Sixty-seven years after their maiden appearance, Jammu and Kashmir stormed into the Ranji Trophy finals for the...

Read moreDetails

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra

Cricket tests you far more than it rewards you: J&K skipper Paras Dogra
February 19, 2026

Kalyani (West Bengal):  With nine emotive words, Jammu and Kashmir's inspirational captain Paras Dogra encapsulated his 24-year grind, which also...

Read moreDetails

J&K LG, CM congratulate cricket team after historic entry into Ranji Trophy final

February 19, 2026

Jammu: Lt Governor Manoj Sinha joined the CM Omar Abdullah and PDP president Mehbooba Mufti in congratulating the Paras Dogra-led...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

PSL3:  trophy unveiled in Dubai

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.