• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Maxwell ruled out of SA tour with elbow injury, could miss beginning of IPL

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 13, 2020
in SPORTS
A A
0
Maxwell ruled out of SA tour with elbow injury, could miss beginning of IPL
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Melbourne, Feb 12:  Australia’s dashing all-rounder Glenn Maxwell is set to miss the beginning of the IPL after an elbow injury on Tuesday ruled him out of the upcoming ODIs and T20 Internationals in South Africa.

The tour of South Africa starts on February 21.

More News

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

Load More

Maxwell will undergo surgery on his left elbow and will be replaced by D’Arcy Short in both squads.

Cricket Australia said he might require at least six to eight weeks to attain full match fitness, which means he is likely to miss the beginning of the IPL too, which is starting on March 29. The 31-year-old is representing Kings XI Punjab in the franchise-based league.

A “shattered” Maxwell said the decision to withdraw from the South African tour was difficult.

“I was not confident that I could perform at international level with my elbow in its current state and have decided to undergo surgery straight away to fix the issue,” Maxwell said in a statement.

“I would like to thank Justin Langer, Ben Oliver, Trevor Hohns and the whole Australian squad for their understanding.”

The South Africa tour was the first time Maxwell had been picked for national duties since taking a break from cricket in October due to mental health issues.

Australia’s national selector Trevor Hohns said Maxwell’s increased pain could not have been overlooked.

“We are disappointed to lose Glenn this close to the tour as we were looking forward to welcoming him back to the national side in both the 20 and 50-over formats after his break during the summer,” Hohns was quoted as saying by Cricket Australia.

“Unfortunately, the pain he has experienced in the elbow in the latter stages of the BBL increased over the weekend and he will have surgery immediately to rectify the situation.”

Previous Post

J&K Tourism promotional campaign reaches Pune, Bangalore

Next Post

Looking forward to visiting India: Trump

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Indian-Australian endurance athlete Om Satija on Sunday completed his ambitious 5,000-kilometre “One India Run” campaign after reaching Srinagar, marking...

Read moreDetails

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Downtown Srinagar on Sunday witnessed the return of the iconic Khyber Run for Shahr-e-Khaas after a gap of nearly...

Read moreDetails

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Department of Youth Services and Sports on Saturday reviewed sports infrastructure projects, youth engagement programmes and district action...

Read moreDetails

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday congratulated young Rajouri boxer Mohammad Yasser for winning a gold medal at the...

Read moreDetails

National Pencak Silat course begins in Srinagar

May 17, 2026

Srinagar: A National Referee and Jury Course organised by the Indian Pencak Silat Federation commenced on Saturday at the Sher-i-Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Sports Council expands KCFL trials across Kashmir

May 17, 2026

Srinagar, May 16: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Saturday continued its district-wide football talent hunt across the Valley...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Trump admin urged to withdraw its proposed public charge policy

Looking forward to visiting India: Trump

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.