• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home BUSINESS

Lenders hopeful of successful bids for grounded Jet Airways

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 19, 2019
in BUSINESS
A A
0
Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Apr 18: A day after Jet Airways suspended all its flights after running out of money, lenders to the carrier Thursday said they were “reasonably hopeful” that bidding process for the airline will end successfully.

Lenders led by the State Bank of India had declined to extend more funds to Jet, forcing it to suspend all its flights.

More News

RBI discontinues investment fluctuation reserve requirement for banks

India to keep buying Russian oil regardless of US sanctions waivers, says official

PM Modi lands in Sweden; to hold talks on trade, technology, defence

Load More

“The lenders after due deliberations decided that the best way forward for the survival of Jet Airways is to get the binding bids from potential investors who have expressed EOI (Expression of Interest) and have been issued bid documents on April 16,” a statement by lenders said.

A consortium of 26 lenders led by the SBI, with 51 per cent stake in the debt-trapped airline, has invited bids from potential suitors.

“Lenders are reasonably hopeful that the bid process is likely to be successful in determining the fair value of the enterprise in a transparent manner,” it said.

Banks on Wednesday rejected an immediate Rs 400 crore demand of Jet Airways, compelling it to ground operations.

Jet had been, over the last few months, on a decline as competition from budget airlines hurt its profitability and led to a debt pile. It reported losses for four straight quarters despite sales holding up.

At its peak, Jet operated 123 planes and over 600 daily flights. It was flying just seven planes on Tuesday.

Its chief executive officer Vinay Dube on Wednesday wrote an email to airlines’ passengers saying “with deep sadness and with a heavy heart that we would like to share with you that, effective immediately, Jet Airways will be suspending all its domestic and international operations”.

“Tuesday night, we were informed by SBI, on behalf of the consortium of Indian lenders, that they are unable to consider our request for interim funding. Since no emergency funding from the lenders or any other source of funding was forthcoming, it would therefore not have been possible for us to pay for fuel or other critical services to keep the operations going,” he wrote.

He said the airline had over the last several weeks and months tried “every means possible” to seek funding, both interim as well as long term funding, to keep our operations going. “Unfortunately, despite the very best of our efforts, we have been left with no other choice today”.

“A decision like this is never easy to make, but without the interim funding, which we have been repeatedly requesting for, we are simply unable to conduct flight operations in a manner that delivers to the very reasonable expectations of our guests, employees, partners and service providers,” he wrote.

“After 25 years of sharing the Joy of Flying with Indian and international guests, Jet Airways and its Board of Directors have been forced to take this extreme measure, as prolonged and sustained efforts with lenders and authorities to ensure the sustainability of the airline did not yield the desired results.”

He, however, said the future provides new hope and opportunity as India is better off with a flying Jet Airways.

“We will now await the bid finalization process by SBI and the consortium of Indian lenders and will continue to support the bid process initiated by the lenders,” he added.

Passengers who had booked on Jet for travel on future dates will get a refund. “We sincerely and profusely apologise for the disruption to your travel plans. We would like to thank you for your continued patronage, support and loyalty over the years. We are hopeful that we will be able to bring the Joy of Flying back to you soon,” he added.

Previous Post

14 passengers, including Navy personnel,  shot dead after being offloaded from buses in Pak

Next Post

Army holds interaction with ex-servicemen

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

RBI discontinues investment fluctuation reserve requirement for banks

RBI holds meeting of Steering Sub Committee of J&K SLBC
May 18, 2026

Mumbai: The Reserve Bank on Monday discontinued the requirement for commercial banks to maintain Investment Fluctuation Reserve (IFR), an additional...

Read moreDetails

India to keep buying Russian oil regardless of US sanctions waivers, says official

Iran Crisis: No immediate oil disruption for India; Russia pivot possible if conflict drags on
May 18, 2026

New Delhi: India has been purchasing Russian oil irrespective of US sanctions waivers and will continue to do so based...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi lands in Sweden; to hold talks on trade, technology, defence

Nation responds to PM’s call for fuel conservation
May 18, 2026

Gothenburg (Sweden): Prime Minister Narendra Modi landed in Sweden on Sunday, where he will hold talks on trade, technology, defence...

Read moreDetails

Space intel giant ICEYE chooses India for first Asia-Pacific satellite manufacturing hub

Space intel giant ICEYE chooses India for first Asia-Pacific satellite manufacturing hub
May 18, 2026

New Delhi:  ICEYE, a global leader in space-based intelligence, is set to establish its first Indian production facility within the...

Read moreDetails

Govt imposes import curbs on silver

Govt imposes import curbs on silver
May 17, 2026

New Delhi: Within days of levying high customs duties on precious metals, the government on Saturday imposed import curbs on...

Read moreDetails

NCB seizes first-ever consignment of Captagon drug worth Rs 182 crore

NCB seizes first-ever consignment of Captagon drug worth Rs 182 crore
May 17, 2026

New Delhi: The Narcotics Control Bureau has busted an international drug syndicate involved in the trafficking of Captagon and seized...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters

Army holds interaction with ex-servicemen

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.