• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 7, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Pak SC asks Imran Khan govt to lift travel ban on opposition leaders

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 17, 2019
in Latest News
A A
0
Pak’s SC rejects petition seeking Imran Khan’s disqualification
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Islamabad, Jan 17:  Pakistan’s Supreme Court Thursday ordered the government led by Prime Minister Imran Khan to lift the travel ban imposed on opposition leader Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari and the Sindh Chief Minister, and asked the country’s anti-corruption body to probe their involvement in Rs 35 billion ‘fake accounts case’.

As many as 172 suspects were placed on the Exit Control List (ECL) on the recommendations of a Joint Investigation Team (JIT) formed by the apex court. A person cannot fly abroad if his name is placed on the ECL.

More News

No alternative to NH-44, Mughal Road in worse condition: CM Omar

Protest against govt not anti-national, stop action against NEET protesters: CM Omar

FIR Against Iltija Mufti a ‘Fixed Match’ to Revive PDP’s Credibility, Says Omar Abdullah

Load More

The Supreme Court, in a detailed judgement, ordered the government to remove the names of opposition Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) chairman Bilawal and Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah from the ECL.

It, however, referred the report and material collected by the JIT in the Rs 35 billion ‘fake accounts case’ to the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), Dawn news reported.

The JIT probe focused on “32 fake accounts” which were allegedly used to give massive financial benefits to former president Asif Ali Zardari, his sister Faryal Talpur and several others.

“Removing of the names will not prevent (the) NAB to probe and in case sufficient material is found connecting these individuals with cognisable offences, it will not be precluded from making an appropriate request to the federal government to place their names on (the) ECL again or take any appropriate action provided by law,” according to the judgement authored by Justice Ijaz-ul-Ahsan.

The apex court in its earlier instructions asked the government to delete names of Bilawal and Shah from the ECL but the Cabinet waited for the detailed judgment.

After the judgement, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said the government will decide whether it should implement the court orders or file a review petition.

Justice Ahsan was part of the three-judge bench that last year took a suo-motu cognisance after it emerged that several big names were involved in money laundering through fake accounts.

Currently, a Karachi court is hearing the case against Zardari and Talpur for alleged money laundering.

Previous Post

Cold wave continues in valley, Drass coldest at -22

Next Post

ASI among three cops injured in Rajbagh grenade attack

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

No alternative to NH-44, Mughal Road in worse condition: CM Omar

IWT caused long-term harm to J&K, suspension will restore water rights: CM Omar Abdullah
August 7, 2026

Ramban: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday visited various locations along the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway in Ramban...

Read moreDetails

Protest against govt not anti-national, stop action against NEET protesters: CM Omar

Omar Abdullah seeks clear timeline for restoration of J&K’s statehood
August 7, 2026

Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Thursday that protesting against the government should not be equated...

Read moreDetails

FIR Against Iltija Mufti a ‘Fixed Match’ to Revive PDP’s Credibility, Says Omar Abdullah

Following KI report on Srinagar Smart City fiasco, CM announces inquiry
August 7, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Friday dismissed the police case registered against PDP leader Iltija Mufti, alleging that the...

Read moreDetails

India, China reviewed situation along LAC during diplomatic talks: MEA

We remained actively engaged in SCO format: India ahead of Jaishankar’s Islamabad visit
August 7, 2026

New Delhi: India and China reviewed the overall situation along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and deliberated on key...

Read moreDetails

DIPR launches IFFJK 2026 short film competition for emerging filmmakers

DIPR invites entries for inaugural J&K international film festival
August 7, 2026

SRINAGAR: The Department of Information and Public Relations (DIPR) on Thursday announced the IFFJK Emerging Filmmakers Competition 2026, inviting aspiring...

Read moreDetails

Shepherd killed in lightning strike in Keran

3 students among 4 people injured in lightning
August 7, 2026

KUPWARA: A 25-year-old shepherd was killed after being struck by lightning in the Gugerdoor area of Keran in north Kashmir's...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Four injured in Jammu grenade attack

ASI among three cops injured in Rajbagh grenade attack

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.