• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

Eastern Ghouta bombardment: 674 Syria civilians killed in 13 days

Agencies by Agencies
March 3, 2018
in WORLD
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Ghouta March 02 :As many as 674 civilians have been killed in nearly two weeks by the continuous air attacks on the Damascus suburb of Eastern Ghouta, a Syrian volunteer group has said.

The Syrian Civil Defense, also known as The White Helmets, said on Friday that more than 670 people have been killed since the Syrian government, aided by Russian, launched an air offensive on the largely rural area outside of the capital on February 18.

More News

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

Load More

Eastern Ghouta, home to nearly 400,000 people, has been besieged by the Syrian government since opposition groups took control of the area in the mid-2013.

The aerial bombardment has drawn international condemnation, but a 30-day ceasefire unanimously voted for by the members of the United Nations Security Council last Saturday has largely failed to hold up, as air strikes have continued unabated.

“Since the so-called ceasefire up until now, 103 people have been killed,” said Mahmood Adam, a member of the White Helmets – a 4,000-strong volunteer group.

Among them, Adam said, were 22 children and 43 women.

“The systematic targeting by Syrian and Russian airplanes of residential areas in Eastern Ghouta has not stopped,” he told Al Jazeera.

Syria: Eastern Ghouta ‘humanitarian pause’ marred by more attacks

Residents have expressed their mistrust in Russia-proposed “five-hour daily humanitarian pauses” that supposedly would allow the evacuation for those seeking medical treatment through “humanitarian corridors”, in addition to giving access to the entry of aid convoys.

Yet so far, not one aid convoy was able to make it in, and residents say that there is no guarantee for their safety in the event they chose to evacuate the area.

 

“The people of Eastern Ghouta mock the news of exit corridors – they did not believe it for a second because they have lost all confidence in the regime’s credibility – particularly because the shelling has not stopped, and neither the Russians nor the regime have expressed any seriousness in keeping civilians out of the war,” Abdelmalik Aboud, an activist from the town of Douma, earlier told Al Jazeera.

Going underground

Thousands of families have been forced to take cover in basements or underground makeshift shelters due to the intensity of the bombardments and shellings.

Speaking to a local Syrian news agency, residents of Eastern Ghouta relayed how these shelters still do not give them security and safety.

A man who gave his name as Abu Anas, said that he and his family were forced to go to a shelter in Douma after the area he lived in with his family was targeted by shelling.

One missile hit the entrance of the shelter they were staying at, resulting in a number of injuries.

“These shelters are overcrowded and lack basic amenities,” Abu Anas said, after moving his family to another one. “They are not stocked with food and water, and most people do not even have clothes.”

Omar, who only gave his first name, is from the town of Hazza. He said that while the young men try to offer some comfort to the elderly, particularly those who suffer from various ailments, the conditions of these shelters are “difficult”.

“We go for days without food, and I cannot provide my mother with the medicine she needs,” Omar said.

There are also no toilets in the shelters. Despite the risks to their lives, Omar said he must carry his mother out and into one of the nearby houses whenever she has to relieve herself.

Previous Post

Schools to observe ‘Cleanliness Week’ from March 20: Secretary Education

Next Post

Kupwara admin to conduct revenue camps from March 5

Agencies

Agencies

Related Posts

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Director FES issues advisory on fire prevention
May 5, 2026

Beijing: At least 21 people were killed and 61 others injured in a massive explosion at a fireworks factory in...

Read moreDetails

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

UK review warns against anti-India rhetoric over Kashmir, pro-Khalistan extremism
May 3, 2026

Ottawa: Canada's intelligence agency has declared Khalistani extremists a "national security threat", adding that the group uses institutions to promote...

Read moreDetails

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

April 24, 2026

New Delhi:  The US on Thursday sought to control the damage done by a controversial social media repost by US...

Read moreDetails

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp
April 8, 2026

Tehran: US President Donald Trump pulled back on his threats to launch devastating strikes on Iran late Tuesday, swerving to...

Read moreDetails

India’s permanent contribution to agenda of world community is of enormous importance for us: Guterres

UN says violence against children in conflict reached extreme levels in 2023, including in Gaza
February 17, 2026

United Nations:  India's permanent contribution to the agenda of the international community and that of the UN is of "enormous...

Read moreDetails

Jaishankar reiterates India’s support for UNSC reform during meeting with G7 counterparts in Germany

Those enjoying benefits of permanent membership clearly not in hurry to see UN reforms: Jaishankar
February 14, 2026

Munich: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Saturday met his counterparts from the G7 countries as he reiterated India’s support...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Kupwara admin to conduct revenue camps from March 5

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.