• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

3 LeT militants killed at Mujgund, identified

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
December 10, 2018
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
A security force personnel walks through the shells of bullets fired during an encounter at Mujgund …

A security force personnel walks through the shells of bullets fired during an encounter at Mujgund in the outskirts of Srinagar. In the backdrop are seen the houses that were damaged during the encounter. Photo/Javed Khan

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp
A security force personnel walks through the shells of bullets fired during an encounter at Mujgund in the outskirts of Srinagar. In the backdrop are seen the houses that were damaged during the encounter. Photo/Javed Khan

Srinagar, Dec 09: Three militants of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) killed in an 18-hour gunfight on the outskirts of Srinagar were identified by the police Sunday.

As reported earlier, government forces had launched a search operation at Mujgund area in the Srinagar outskirts on Bandipora road on Saturday. The operation turned into an encounter after the militants fired on the search party, a police spokesperson said.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

An Army soldier sustained injuries and was shifted to hospital for treatment. Three militants were killed and the bodies have been retrieved from the site of the encounter that ended on Sunday morning after some 18 hours, the spokesperson said.

The spokesman identified the slain militants as Mudasir Rashid Parray and Saqib Bilal Sheikh – both residents of Hajin Bandipora.

“From the material evidence collected, one militant is learnt to be a Pakistani identified as Ali,” he said.

Parray was reportedly 14 years of age and one of the youngest militants killed in the valley. His gun-wielding picture had surfaced on the social media earlier this week, after he had gone missing from his house in August.

However, the police said Parray’s age could not be confirmed.

“We do not know if he was 14 or 16, though he looked young. There is no way to confirm whether he was the youngest militant ever or not,” a senior police official said.

The trio was affiliated with proscribed outfit LeT, said the spokesman.

“In the initial exchange of fire, one army man was injured who is admitted in hospital. Three civilians also sustained injuries as the area was in open and the injured were shifted to hospital for medical treatment. They are stated to be stable,” the spokesman said.

Police spokesman said the slain militants were wanted by the law for their complicity in militancy incidents.

Ali, according to police records, spokesman said was involved in several militancy incidents and many cases were registered against him including for the attacks on security establishments and civilian atrocities. “He was involved in recruitments in Hajin and Sumbal areas of Bandipora,” spokesman said.

Huge quantity of arms and ammunition including rifles were recovered from the site of encounter. All these materials have been taken in the case records for further investigation and probe their complicity in other cases, spokesman said.

Several residential areas were also damaged during the gunfight. Locals say they were razed by the government forces while fighting the militants.

Meanwhile, clashes between groups of youth and government forces also erupted in the area. Authorities also suspended mobile Internet services in the city as a precautionary measure, a police official said.

Police also appealed the people to not venture inside the encounter zone as such an area can prove dangerous due to stray explosive materials. “People are requested to cooperate with police till the area is completely sanitized and cleared of all the explosives materials,” spokesman said.

Previous Post

Wet weather expected in Kashmir till Tuesday

Next Post

SAC brings big relief to SSA, RMSA teachers, RReTs

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Assembly dissolved in J&K’s interest: Governor

SAC brings big relief to SSA, RMSA teachers, RReTs

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.