• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Haj 2019 application process to start from Thursday

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 18, 2018
in Latest News, TOP NEWS
A A
0
GoI announces reduction in airfare for Hajj
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Oct 17 : The applications for the next year’s Haj pilgrimage will be accepted online from Thursday and the process will be fully digital, the Haj Committee of India announced Wednesday.

Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the pilgrimage will be completely free of subsidy.

More News

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Load More

The subsidy was scrapped by the Union government earlier this year.

The Haj Committee of India, which makes arrangements for the annual Haj pilgrimage to Mecca for devotees from the country, is a statutory body of the Minority Affairs Ministry.

Speaking at the Central Haj House here, Naqvi said the online application process for the Haj 2019 will start from October 18 and end on November 17.

The early start will ensure a smoother process and better facilities for pilgrims, he said.

The process of tender for choosing airlines to carry the pilgrims will be completed by November, and the accommodation-related process in Mecca and Medina will be completed by December-January, Naqvi said.

“Accommodation rates in Saudi Arabia will be the same as 2018,” the minister assured.

“This year (for 2019 Haj), we have 21 embarkation points, the latest (to be added) being the Calicut airport,” he said.

Naqvi said the pilgrims will be able to board the flights for Saudi Arabia from the airport in their home state or from airports in adjacent states.

He said even after the removal of the subsidy, the Haj 2018 offered a better experience for the pilgrims.

“Elimination of middlemen and 100 percent online and transparent system ensured that even after removal of the Haj subsidy, there was no unnecessary financial burden on pilgrims,” Naqvi said. The fear that the pilgrimage would become costlier was allayed, he added.

Naqvi said the government has requested the Goods and Services Tax Council to consider the withdrawal of additional 3 percent tax on the Haj pilgrimage.

He said a record 1,75,025 Muslims from India performed Haj in 2018.

Naqvi also unfurled a Indian national flag installed on the terrace of the multi-storey Haj building, 350 feet above the ground level.

“It is the highest national flag installed atop a building at sea level in the country,” Naqvi said.

Previous Post

KEG condemns attack on journalists, demands action against guilty cops

Next Post

Rlys pitches for strategic line in Leh to be declared national project

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Police produces chargesheet in Bemina terrorist attack case
May 18, 2026

Srinagar:: The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Crime Branch J&K has filed a chargesheet against a former In-charge Superintendent Engineer...

Read moreDetails

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Delhi High Court on Monday granted interim bail to Baramulla MP Er Rashid to enable him to attend...

Read moreDetails

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar
May 18, 2026

Mumbai: The rupee opened on a weak note and slumped to an all-time low of 96.25 in early trade on...

Read moreDetails

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Rlys pitches for strategic line in Leh to be declared national project

Rlys pitches for strategic line in Leh to be declared national project

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.