• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Seven killed as New Farakka Express derails near Rae Bareli

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 11, 2018
in NATION
A A
0
Seven killed as New Farakka Express derails near Rae Bareli

File Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Lucknow, Oct 10 :  At least seven people were killed and nine others seriously injured as eight coaches and the engine of the New Farakka Express (14003) derailed near Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh Wednesday, Additional Director General (ADG), Law and order, Anand Kumar said.

The accident took place in Harchandpur area of Rae Bareli district at 6.10 am and around 30-35 people are injured, he said

More News

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

Load More

The injured are being taken to the Harchandpur PHC and district hospital.

The passengers are going to Lucknow and from there they will be sent to Delhi by a special train, officials said.

Senior officers, including the district magistrate, superintendent of police, CO, sub-divisional magistrate are at the spot and relief operations are in full swing, the ADG said.

A National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) team comprising 40 personnel has reached the accident site.

The state transport department has allocated six buses by which 300 passengers have been evacuated.

The ADG said that the reason for derailment will be known after an Anti-Terrorism Squad is sent for an on-the-spot probe.

Emergency helpline numbers have been set up at the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya junction, Mughalsarai, officials said.

All up and down lines on the route have been blocked and officials suspect that the number of casualties may rise.

Previously, the railways had said that six coaches have derailed.

Meanwhile, sources said Chairman Railway Board Ashwani Lohani was on his way to the accident site.

Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, who is in constant touch with the railway administration, has directed to effectively undertake relief and rescue operation and provide best possible medical help to the injured, the officials said.

Expressing condolences over the loss of lives, he has ordered an enquiry into the accident which will be conducted by the Commission of Railway Safety, Northern Circle.

Taking note of the incident, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath directed the district magistrate, the superintendent of police, health authorities and the NDRF to provide all possible assistance to relief and rescue operations, an official spokesperson said.

The chief minister expressed his condolences for the deceased and directed the director general of police to take all necessary action, he added.

Adityanath also announced Rs 2 lakh compensation for the family of the deceased and Rs 50,000 for those who are seriously injured.

Previous Post

Secretary Agriculture Production inspects Seed Multiplication Farm Chinore

Next Post

Stories from across the border

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 19, 2026

Oslo:  India and Norway have firmed up a Green Strategic Partnership, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Norwegian counterpart...

Read moreDetails

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 18, 2026

Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh):  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday asserted that India is now "by and large" free from three...

Read moreDetails

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers
May 18, 2026

Palghar: A tempo packed with guests heading for an engagement ceremony collided with a speeding container trailer on Monday on...

Read moreDetails

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors
May 18, 2026

The Hague: Driven by shifting global geopolitics, India and the Netherlands elevated their ties to a strategic partnership and inked...

Read moreDetails

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom
May 18, 2026

The Hague: India has flatly rejected allegations of declining media freedom and erosion of religious and minority rights, asserting that...

Read moreDetails

Great Nicobar project a recipe for ecological disaster: Ramesh to Defence minister

No shortage of fuel, essential supplies in India despite West Asia crisis: Rajnath Singh
May 18, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Jairam Ramesh on Sunday wrote to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on the Great Nicobar Island Project,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Stories from across the border

Stories from across the border

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.