• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home CITY & TOWNS

Court grants three-week extension for filing report in Vaishno Devi landslide case

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
November 21, 2025
in CITY & TOWNS, LOCAL
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Katra/Jammu: A Katra court on Friday granted an additional three weeks to Reasi senior superintendent of police and a station house officer to file an action taken report (ATR) over a complaint seeking registration of case against Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) officials for alleged criminal negligence that resulted in the deaths of 34 people in a landslide en route to the cave shrine in August.

The landslide, triggered by a cloudburst, struck the pilgrim route at Adhkuwari in the Trikuta hills of Reasi district on August 26, killing pilgrims and injuring 20 others. J&K Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha constituted a three-member committee on August 29 to probe the causes behind the landslide.

More News

BRO to upgrade Akhnoor road; Razdan Pass tunnel DPR soon, 4,142 kanal land earmarked for Anantnag industrial estates

Haripora NTPHC in govt building; land sought for Sumbal facility, Pahalgam hospital upgrade underway

LG Sinha unveiled Calendar dedicated to Legends of J-K

Load More

Sub-Judge Katra Sidhant Vaid, on October 16, directed the SSP Reasi and Bhawan SHO to submit the ATR in response to a complaint filed by Rohit Bali of Jammu.

Bali has sought registration of an FIR under Sections 105 (capable homicide) and 106 (causing death by negligence) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), 2023, against the Board’s CEO, alleging that negligence by SMVDSB officials led to the deaths.

Pursuant to the court’s earlier order, the Bhawan SHO appeared in person and submitted a written request seeking a four-week extension, informing the court that an entry regarding the incident had been made in the Roznamcha of Police Post Adhkuwari.

He said that the allegations were being examined to determine whether a cognisable offence had occurred or the matter required civil or administrative intervention.

The police further said that, given the “far-reaching consequences” of the incident and the sensitivity of the allegations, a careful and discreet inquiry was underway, involving examination of local inputs and records from various agencies.

He sought additional time to complete verification and file a comprehensive report.

After hearing the police, the court granted a three-week extension and listed the matter for the filing of the ATR on November 20.

Advocate Vishal Gupta appeared for complainant Rohit Bali, who was also present in court.

Previous Post

Mehbooba Mufti, family must be probed for possible terror links: J-K BJP

Next Post

CII J&K chairman calls on Director Skill Development

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

BRO to upgrade Akhnoor road; Razdan Pass tunnel DPR soon, 4,142 kanal land earmarked for Anantnag industrial estates

Govt to examine R&B sub-division for Ajas; infrastructure proposals, road quality issues discussed in House
February 19, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Thursday witnessed a series of government announcements relating to infrastructure, connectivity, wildlife...

Read moreDetails

Haripora NTPHC in govt building; land sought for Sumbal facility, Pahalgam hospital upgrade underway

J&K to launch cancer control plan, strengthen healthcare infrastructure
February 19, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday informed the Legislative Assembly about steps being taken to strengthen healthcare infrastructure...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha unveiled Calendar dedicated to Legends of J-K

LG Sinha unveiled Calendar dedicated to Legends of J-K
February 19, 2026

JAMMU: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha today unveiled the Calendar dedicated to Legends of Jammu Kashmir, at Lok Bhavan. Slimline Clinic...

Read moreDetails

16 water supply schemes approved for Khawas under JJM; govt reiterates relief for wildlife conflict victims

NOCs issued after scrutiny; Thanamandi water supply project gets ₹5.23 cr under AMRUT 2.0
February 19, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday informed the Legislative Assembly that several drinking water projects have been sanctioned...

Read moreDetails

J&K govt initiates liquidation of SCARD bank, assures protection of depositors’ interests: Dar

February 19, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday said the State Cooperative Agriculture and Rural Development (SCARD) Bank Ltd has...

Read moreDetails

Div Com Kashmir reviews progress on Jhelum Water Transport Project

February 19, 2026

SRINAGAR: Divisional Commissioner Kashmir, Anshul Garg, along with the Secretary Transport Department, chaired a meeting to review the progress on...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

CII J&K chairman calls on Director Skill Development

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.