• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

CBI lodges FIR in fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 92 lakh from GPF accounts of MEA

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
July 14, 2018
in NATION
A A
0
CBI questions PNB’s ED for second day
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Jul 13 :  The CBI has registered a case against unidentified officials of the External Affairs Ministry for irregular withdrawal of Rs 92 lakh from GPF accounts of the ministry between August 2017 and February 2018, officials said today.

It was found in the internal review of accounts by the External Affairs Ministry that the amount was fraudulently transferred from four GPF accounts, they said.

More News

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

Load More

The fraud was detected when an attempt was made to withdraw Rs 22 lakh from the GPF account of a person named Ram Kumar on June 7 in Axis Bank branch in Janakpuri, they said.

“Due to mismatch of name with GPF account holder etc, the payment of the bill was stopped through bank. During the internal review, it is revealed that COMPACT Data Base (software in which office of Principal Chief Controller of Accounts operates ministry’s accounts) had been tampered with and certain data fields altered in order to facilitate the fraudulent withdrawal,” the MEA had said in its complaint.

It was also observed that signatures of the sanctioning authorities concerned were forged and wrong file numbers and details were made on the fraudulent GPF withdrawal documents, it said.

The ministry said enquiry from the bank concerned has revealed that the accounts through which the fraudulent amount has been withdrawn, belong to some other individual and not the GPF beneficiary.

It is also suspected that such fraudulent withdrawals have been made from some other accounts also, it said in the complaint which is now part of the FIR.

Based on allegations, the CBI has registered  a case of criminal conspiracy, forgery and cheating against unidentified officials of the ministry.

Previous Post

Mohammad Kaif announces retirement from cricket

Next Post

Fresh batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath yatra

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 19, 2026

Oslo:  India and Norway have firmed up a Green Strategic Partnership, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Norwegian counterpart...

Read moreDetails

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 18, 2026

Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh):  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday asserted that India is now "by and large" free from three...

Read moreDetails

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers
May 18, 2026

Palghar: A tempo packed with guests heading for an engagement ceremony collided with a speeding container trailer on Monday on...

Read moreDetails

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors
May 18, 2026

The Hague: Driven by shifting global geopolitics, India and the Netherlands elevated their ties to a strategic partnership and inked...

Read moreDetails

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom
May 18, 2026

The Hague: India has flatly rejected allegations of declining media freedom and erosion of religious and minority rights, asserting that...

Read moreDetails

Great Nicobar project a recipe for ecological disaster: Ramesh to Defence minister

No shortage of fuel, essential supplies in India despite West Asia crisis: Rajnath Singh
May 18, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Jairam Ramesh on Sunday wrote to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on the Great Nicobar Island Project,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
11,282 pilgrims pay obeisance at the Holy Cave

Fresh batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath yatra

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.