• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home BUSINESS

4 women killed, over dozen injured in blast at firecracker factory in UP’s Amroha

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
June 17, 2025
in BUSINESS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Amroha (UP): Four women were killed and more than a dozen others were seriously injured in a blast at a firecracker factory located inside a forest area here on Monday, officials said.

According to district authorities, the explosion took place around two kilometres inside the forest near Atrasi village, where nearly 25 men and women were working at the time.

More News

RBI discontinues investment fluctuation reserve requirement for banks

India to keep buying Russian oil regardless of US sanctions waivers, says official

PM Modi lands in Sweden; to hold talks on trade, technology, defence

Load More

The blast completely destroyed the tin-roofed structure, hurling debris up to 300 metres and triggering panic in nearby villages, officials said.

District Magistrate Nidhi Gupta and Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar Anand visited the spot and confirmed the death of four women. At least 12 others were admitted to the district hospital with critical injuries, they said.

A high-level probe has been initiated to ascertain the cause of the explosion and verify the legality of the factory’s operations, the officials said, adding that records related to its licensing and compliance with safety norms are being scrutinised.

Eyewitnesses said the explosion was heard several kilometres away and was followed by intermittent blasts for nearly 15 minutes, causing fear among locals.

Villagers claimed that the unit had been operating for the past few days and it is suspected to be involved in illegal firework manufacturing.

After the blast, locals rushed to the site and began rescue efforts, pulling out victims from under the rubble and alerting authorities.

Police and administrative personnel, along with fire brigade teams, launched a coordinated operation to rescue those trapped and secure the area.

 

Previous Post

Census to be conducted in 2027, MHA issues notification

Next Post

Would like to conclude early tranche of trade pact with US before July 9: Commerce Secy

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

RBI discontinues investment fluctuation reserve requirement for banks

RBI holds meeting of Steering Sub Committee of J&K SLBC
May 18, 2026

Mumbai: The Reserve Bank on Monday discontinued the requirement for commercial banks to maintain Investment Fluctuation Reserve (IFR), an additional...

Read moreDetails

India to keep buying Russian oil regardless of US sanctions waivers, says official

Iran Crisis: No immediate oil disruption for India; Russia pivot possible if conflict drags on
May 18, 2026

New Delhi: India has been purchasing Russian oil irrespective of US sanctions waivers and will continue to do so based...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi lands in Sweden; to hold talks on trade, technology, defence

Nation responds to PM’s call for fuel conservation
May 18, 2026

Gothenburg (Sweden): Prime Minister Narendra Modi landed in Sweden on Sunday, where he will hold talks on trade, technology, defence...

Read moreDetails

Space intel giant ICEYE chooses India for first Asia-Pacific satellite manufacturing hub

Space intel giant ICEYE chooses India for first Asia-Pacific satellite manufacturing hub
May 18, 2026

New Delhi:  ICEYE, a global leader in space-based intelligence, is set to establish its first Indian production facility within the...

Read moreDetails

Govt imposes import curbs on silver

Govt imposes import curbs on silver
May 17, 2026

New Delhi: Within days of levying high customs duties on precious metals, the government on Saturday imposed import curbs on...

Read moreDetails

NCB seizes first-ever consignment of Captagon drug worth Rs 182 crore

NCB seizes first-ever consignment of Captagon drug worth Rs 182 crore
May 17, 2026

New Delhi: The Narcotics Control Bureau has busted an international drug syndicate involved in the trafficking of Captagon and seized...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Would like to conclude early tranche of trade pact with US before July 9: Commerce Secy

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.