• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Rajasthan’s Mahesh Kumar tops NEET-UG, MP’s Utkarsh Awadhiya bags second rank

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
June 15, 2025
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  Rajasthan’s Mahesh Kumar has topped the medical entrance exam NEET-UG, while Utkarsh Awadhiya from Madhya Pradesh has bagged the second rank, the National Testing Agency (NTA) announced on Saturday.

More than 12.36 lakh candidates out of 22.09 lakh test takers qualified the exam. The number is down from last year’s 13.15 lakh qualifying candidates. However, the number of test takers was also higher last year at over 23.33 lakh.

More News

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…

Load More

Among the qualifying candidates this year, over 7.2 lakh are females and over 5.14 lakh males. While 529 qualifying candidates are foreign nationals, 405 are NRIs and 606 are OCI card holders.

Not a single candidate scored a perfect 720 in NEET-UG this year, a stark departure from last year when 17 students had achieved the maximum possible marks.

Maharashtra’s Krishang Joshi and Mrinal Kishore Jha from Delhi bagged the third and fourth ranks, respectively.

Among females, Delhi’s Avika Aggarwal emerged topper, bagging the fifth rank nationally.

The maximum qualifying candidates are from Uttar Pradesh (over 1.70 lakh), followed by Maharashtra (over 1.25 lakh) and Rajasthan (over 1.19 lakh).

States like Karnataka, Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala also recorded over 70,000 qualifiers each, while more than 40,000 students who qualified were from Delhi.

A total of 73 candidates have scored marks in the range of 651 to 686 out of 720 while 1,259 candidates have scored between 601 to 650. The majority of candidates fell in the 301–550 mark range with more than 1.26 lakh scoring between 301 and 350 and over 3 lakh between 144 and 200 — the minimum qualifying range.

Mahesh Kumar who was enrolled in a coaching centre in Rajasthan’s Sikar said he used to score perfect marks in mock tests ahead of the exams.

“But after appearing for the exam, I knew I won’t score full marks but I did not expect first rank,” he said.

Avika Aggarwal’s parents, who are doctors, said they prepared her well.

“They warned me about how demanding this path is, but I still chose it for myself. I knew what I was walking into and I worked hard to earn it,” Avika said.

At 17, Delhi has the most candidates in the top 100, followed by 14 from Rajasthan, 11 from Maharashtra, nine each from Gujarat and Punjab and seven from Karnataka (7).

Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and others also had strong representation in the top 100.

All top 10 candidates belong to the general category. In other categories, the highest-ranked Other Backward Class-Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) candidate, Tanay from Rajasthan, secured 13th position while Haryana’s Kavish led the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category with 35th rank.

Among Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates, Ayush Gautam from Uttar Pradesh topped with a 53rd rank, while Rajasthan’s Nishant Kumar Meena topped in the Scheduled Tribes (ST) category by securing the 197th position. Notably, seven of the top 10 ST rankers are from Rajasthan.

The qualifying cut-off range for the general and EWS categories dropped from 720–162 last year to 686–144 this year. For OBC, SC, and ST candidates, the cut-off fell from 161–127 to 143–113. A total of 5,64,611 OBC, 3,38,728 General, 1,68,873 SC, and 67,234 ST candidates have qualified.

“The NTA conducts the exam and declares results based on the eligibility criteria provided by the National Medical Council (NMC). The admitting authorities will now draw a merit list based on all India rank for the MBBS and BDS seats available in their jurisdiction,” said Col B Vijay Kumar, Director (Exams), NTA.

The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-Undergraduate (NEET-UG) is the largest entrance exam in the country in terms of the number of candidates appearing for the test.

The NTA conducts the NEET every year for admission into medical colleges. A total of 1,08,000 seats are available for the MBSS course — approximately 56,000 in government hospitals, and about 52,000 in private colleges.

Admissions to undergraduate courses in dentistry, Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha also utilise NEET results for admission.

NTA conducted NEET at 5,468 centres located at 552 cities in India and 14 cities in other countries on May 4. The cities outside India were Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bangkok, Colombo, Doha, Kathmandu,  Kuwait, Lagos, Kaula Lumpur, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah and Singapore.

The exam was conducted in 13 languages — Assamese, Bengali, English, Urdu, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malyalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Odia.

Over 18 lakh candidates had opted to appear for the exam in English while over 2.28 lakh candidates appeared in Hindi.

The NTA had earlier this year announced that the crucial exam will continue to be conducted in pen and paper mode. The decision came after detailed deliberations between education and health ministries on whether to conduct the NEET-UG in pen and paper mode or online mode.

States like Karnataka, Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala also recorded over 70,000 qualifiers each, while Delhi saw over 40,000 students qualify

In the line of fire over alleged irregularities in NEET and PhD entrance NET, the Centre had in July last year set up a panel to ensure transparent, smooth and fair conduct of examinations by NTA.

According to the high-level panel headed by former ISRO Chief R Radhakrishnan, multi-stage testing for NEET-UG could be a viable possibility that needs to be followed up.

While NEET was last year plagued by several allegations of irregularities, including paper leaks, and litigation, UGC-NET was cancelled as the ministry received inputs that the integrity of the exam had been compromised. Both matters are being probed by the CBI.

 

 

 

Previous Post

Champions of Reform 

Next Post

4 drug peddlers held

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Tuesday issued a stern warning to the narco-terror ecosystem, saying narco-terrorists and drug-peddlers can...

Read moreDetails

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha today attended the “Lal Ded National Award Ceremony” organised by Sarhad, Pune, at Srinagar. Speaking...

Read moreDetails

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…
May 20, 2026

Jammu: Police and Forest Department teams on Tuesday demolished over 30 structures and retrieved nearly 60 kanals of forest land...

Read moreDetails

Sajad Lone, Altaf Bukhari condemn demolition

Sajad Lone, Altaf Bukhari condemn demolition
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Peoples Conference President and MLA Handwara, Sajad Lone and Apni Party President, Syed Altaf Bukhari have...

Read moreDetails

Petrol, diesel prices raised by 90 paise a litre, second hike under a week

Petrol, diesel prices cut by 9 paise each
May 20, 2026

New Delhi: Petrol and diesel prices were raised by about 90 paise per litre on Tuesday - the second increase...

Read moreDetails

High Court quashes FIR against former Ranji cricketer

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of J&K and Ladakh High on Tuesday quashed an FIR registered against former Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

4 drug peddlers held

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.