• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Amarnath Yatra resumes from Jammu

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
July 10, 2018
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
First batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath shrine
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu, Jul 09: The Amarnath Yatra resumed from Jammu today after a day-long suspension in the wake of appprehensions of law and order problems on the second death anniversary of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani.

The resumption of the Yatra came as a major relief to thousands of pilgrims who were left stranded here for the past several days due to various reasons, primarily the inclement weather in the area around the 3,880-metre high holy cave shrine of Amarnath.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

A fresh batch of 6,162 pilgrims, including 1,360 women and 222 Sadhus today left the winter capital for the twin base camps of Baltal and Pahalgam in Kashmir, officials said.

They said that the pilgrims left in two convoys from Bhagwati Nagar base camp under tight security arrangements early today and reached their destinations in the Valley later in the day.

The traffic also resumed on Jammu-Srinagar national highway. The highway was closed for traffic yesterday “as a precautionary measure in view of apprehensions of law and order problems in the valley”.

Among today’s batch, while 3,163 pilgrims, including 516 women and 197 Sadhus opted for the traditional 36-km Pahalgam track in Anantnag district, 2,999 others, including 844 women and 25 Sadhus are performing the Yatra through shorter 12-km Baltal track in Ganderbal district, the officials said.

They said a total of 234 heavy and light motor vehicles left the base camp for the Valley after authorities gave a green signal for resumption of the pilgrimage from here.

This was the ninth batch from Bhagwati Nagar base camp and so far a total of 33,588 pilgrims had left for the Valley from Jammu, the officials said.

The 60-day Yatra was suspended from here for the fifth time yesterday since its commencement on June 28, owing to a strike call given by separatist groups to mark the second death anniversary of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Wani.

Earlier, the Yatra was suspended on four occasions to avoid overcrowding and to ensure safety of the pilgrims in view of heavy rains which triggered landslides and shooting of stones on the pilgrimage route.

Till last evening, a total of 94,412 pilgrims had paid their obeisance at the holy cave, housing the naturally formed ice-shivlingam since the beginning of the annual Yatra, the officials said, adding the number is expected to cross the one lakh mark today itself as the Yatra is “progressing well” on both the routes.

Previous Post

Militant killed in encounter in Kupwara

Next Post

CS rolls out ‘mission’ on governance with instructions for efficiency, transparency, fairness in administration

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Subrahmanyam is new CS

CS rolls out ‘mission’ on governance with instructions for efficiency, transparency, fairness in administration

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.