• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

PM Modi cancelled Kashmir visit after receiving intelligence report on terror attack, alleges Kharge

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 6, 2025
in NATION
A A
0
Will ask PAC to call AG, CAG to know when was CAG report on Rafale tabled in Parl: Kharge

File Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Ranchi:  Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge on Tuesday claimed that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had cancelled his Kashmir visit after “receiving an intelligence report three days before” the Pahalgam terror attack last month.

Noting that during an all-party meeting, the Centre accepted “intelligence failure” in the Pahalgam carnage, Kharge said the union government should be held accountable for “not reinforcing” security arrangements in Kashmir to protect people, even after such inputs.

More News

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank

India likely to join US-led strategic alliance ‘Pax Silica’ on Friday

‘Sheer hypocrisy’: Cong slams govt for joining ‘late’ countries condemning Israel’s West Bank action

Load More

Addressing a ‘Samvidhan Bachao’ rally in Jharkhand’s capital, Ranchi, the Congress chief claimed that he “got information that three days before the attack, an intelligence report was sent to Modi ji, and that is why Modi ji cancelled his visit to Kashmir”.

“When an intelligence report says that it is not proper to visit there for your security, why did you not inform your security, intelligence, local police, and border force to protect people,” the Congress chief asked.

He also claimed, “When you (PM) got the information, you cancelled your programme but did not send more forces to protect tourists there.”

Twenty-six people, mostly tourists, were killed in the Pahalgam terror attack on April 22.

Kharge claimed, “India is faced with a huge crisis. The Centre accepted the intelligence failure during the all-party meeting. You (PM Modi) admitted that there was an intelligence flaw. When the Centre knew about the possible terror strike, why did it not put in place a system to protect people?”

“Shouldn’t the Centre be accountable for the loss of lives in the Pahalgam attack when it accepted the intelligence failure,” he asked.

Kharge asserted that the Congress stands behind the Centre for “any action against Pakistan after the Pahalgam attack” as the country is “supreme and beyond party, religion and caste”.

He claimed, “We fight for India, poor people, tribals”, but the BJP and the PM believed “only in ‘jumla’ (rhetoric)”.

Kharge also alleged that Modi’s policy is to “close public sector institutions, like HEC in Ranchi, and snatch jobs from SC, ST, OBC communities”.

There were 30 lakh job vacancies, but the government was “silent” on it, he claimed.

Kharge accused the Centre of unleashing forces, like the ED, against Congress leader Sonia Gandhi, who made “efforts to sustain a paper” like the National Herald, which played a “crucial role in India’s Independence struggle”.

“Unlike any Jana Sangh, RSS or BJP leader, several Congress leaders, including former PM Jawaharlal Nehru, were imprisoned. Now, these people are teaching us the lesson of patriotism,” he said.

Kharge alleged that agencies like ED were “misused to scare opposition leaders” and said that only two persons were penalised in around 200 cases.

Alleging that the prime minister was “instrumental” in sending a tribal CM (Hemant Soren) behind bars, Kharge said, “PM Modi shouldn’t indulge in practices to frighten tribal leaders”.

The Congress chief said he has written to the PM, requesting him to carry out the caste census at the earliest after holding a dialogue with all political parties on this issue.

“In a letter to the PM, I have urged him to remove the 50 per cent cap on reservation by a constitutional amendment and immediately implement Article 15(5) providing for reservations for SCs, STs and OBCs in institutions,” he said.

Previous Post

India eye final berth as South Africa aim for survival in women’s Tri-Series

Next Post

Dhoni skips practice again but CSK bowling coach says he is ‘fine’ and ‘will play’

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank
February 19, 2026

United Nations: India has joined over 100 countries and global organisations in condemning Israel's "unilateral" decisions and measures aimed at...

Read moreDetails

India likely to join US-led strategic alliance ‘Pax Silica’ on Friday

Defence deals boost India-US ties, new era in relations, say experts
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: India is likely to formally join a US-led strategic alliance, known as 'Pax Silica', which is aimed at...

Read moreDetails

‘Sheer hypocrisy’: Cong slams govt for joining ‘late’ countries condemning Israel’s West Bank action

8 oppn-ruled states demand mechanism to ensure GST rate cut benefits get passed on to consumers
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday took a swipe at the government over India reportedly joining "late" the list of...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi meets president of Spain, PM of Finland; says India-EU FTA ushers in golden era

PM Modi meets president of Spain, PM of Finland; says India-EU FTA ushers in golden era
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday held separate meetings with President of Spain Pedro Sanchez and Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

Stones pelted, tear gas shells fired as farmers’ protest in Bathinda turns violent

Stones pelted, tear gas shells fired as farmers’ protest in Bathinda turns violent
February 19, 2026

Bathinda/Patiala:  Police on Wednesday lobbed tear gas shells to control a group of farmers after they allegedly pelted stones at...

Read moreDetails

TMC set to win 4 Rajya Sabha seats in Bengal, BJP 1; Left to lose representation

Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters
February 19, 2026

Kolkata:  With numbers firmly stacked in its favour, the ruling TMC is set to win four of the five Rajya...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Dhoni skips practice again but CSK bowling coach says he is 'fine' and 'will play'

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.