• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Police say 3-4 terrorists involved in Gulmarg terror attack

KI News by KI News
October 27, 2024
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Police say 3-4 terrorists involved in Gulmarg terror attack
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Three to four terrorists are believed to have carried out the deadly attack on an Army convoy in the Gulmarg sector that left four people, including two soldiers, dead, a senior police official said on Saturday.

The search operation, which entered the second day, was halted at the last light on Friday and resumed on Saturday morning, the official said.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

“According to the evidence we got from there, 3-4 militants were involved in the attack,” Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Baramulla, Mohammad Zaid Malik told reporters in the north Kashmir district.

The police, Army and paramilitary forces are carrying out the search operation, which has been extended to Baba Reshi and forest areas in Gulmarg as well as the built-up area before it, the SSP said.

The SSP said security forces had been carrying out many input-based search operations on the militants in the Pattan-Kreeri area of the Baramulla district in the days ahead of the attack.

Two soldiers and two Army porters were killed in the attack on Thursday, while another porter and a soldier were injured. Terrorists opened fire on an Army vehicle, 6 km from the tourist hotspot Gulmarg in the Botapathri area, when it was headed for the Nagin post in the Affarwat range.

On Friday, security forces deployed drones and helicopters for a massive search operation in the area and along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Gulmarg sector.

Security forces were also using human and technical intelligence inputs to aid the search operation launched to trace and neutralise the terrorists behind the attack, officials said.

Senior officers of the police and Army are overseeing the operation.

The area is completely dominated by the Army and there were reports recently that a terrorist group had infiltrated during early summer and taken shelter in the higher reaches of the Affarwat range.(PTI)

PAFF claims responsibility for Botapathri attack

The People’s Anti-Fascist Front (PAFF), believed to be an offshoot of the Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) outfit, has claimed responsibility for the Botapathri terrorist attack by releasing a video on social media.

The PAFF has released a video that showed a terrorist firing a rocket at the army vehicle from the dense forest in the Botapathri area.

While showing concern at the use of a rocket by the terrorists, officials confirmed that the rocket did not hit the army vehicle, but fell some distance away from it. Had the rocket hit the vehicle it would have caused greater damage.

Four people, including two army soldiers and two civilian porters, were killed when terrorists attacked an army vehicle in the Botapathri area of Gulmarg on Thursday.

“A rocket was fired by the terrorists towards the army vehicle in Botapathri, but it didn’t hit the intended target and fell near the vehicle without causing any damage.”

“The firing of the rocket is a cause of concern as this is the first time that such a weapon was used in any recent attack on the army in Jammu and Kashmir. Had the rocket hit the vehicle, it could have led to more damage,” officials said.

“The terrorist group that carried out the attack in Botapathri has not recently infiltrated. It appears that it was a group of four terrorists, who carried out the attack and had infiltrated earlier this year.”

“We feel that the group, comprising mostly of foreigners, was already in the forests of Baramulla district for the last few months and the same group carried out the attack. The tracks they have used while fleeing after the attack suggest that they have returned to the same area from where they were operating,” the officials said.

“One of the terrorists of this group is a local while the other three are foreigners. The security forces are working on the leads they are getting to track down the group,” they said.

 

Previous Post

Minister, MLAs visit families of slain army porters

Next Post

Every drop of blood spilled will be avenged: LG

KI News

KI News

Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Every drop of blood spilled will be avenged: LG

Every drop of blood spilled will be avenged: LG

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.