• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

40 suspects rounded up for probe into Gagangir terror attack

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 23, 2024
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Massive combing operation launched after Ganderbal terror attack
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Investigators have rounded up more than 40 suspects for questioning as part of investigations into the deadly terror attack at Gagangir in Ganderbal district in which seven persons were killed, officials said on Tuesday.

Police officials believe that the assailants had meticulously planned the attack and were able to execute their designs due to the support of the “terrorist associate network”.

More News

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…

Load More

“We will get them (terrorists) sooner or later. We have picked up several suspects for questioning but no one has been arrested so far,” a senior police officer said.

Security forces on Monday launched a large-scale combing operation in the area adjacent to tourist spot Sonamarg, a day after a horrific terror attack at a tunnel construction site.

National Investigation Agency (NIA) agents have scoured the scene for crucial evidence as the Army, CRPF and police units spread out across the hills surrounding the construction area to track down the perpetrators and their accomplices involved in one of the deadliest attacks on non-local labourers in the Kashmir valley.

The assailants, “believed to be Pakistani terrorists, meticulously studied the site layout before executing their plan”. They first targeted the labourers’ mess before proceeding to the officers’ quarters.

Officials suspect that the attackers may have had prior knowledge of the site, potentially having worked there previously or receiving support from locals present at the location. Eyewitnesses recounted the cold-blooded firing by the attackers.

The officials said CCTV footage from the area is being scrutinised.

The Resistance Front, a shadow organisation linked to the banned Lashker-e-Taiba, has claimed responsibility for the barbaric act.

In a region that has been plagued by terrorism for over three decades, this area had not experienced such a violent incident before.

The attack, which left a doctor and six labourers dead, unfolded when the staff had returned to their camp late in the evening after working on the tunnel project.

Among the deceased were Dr Shahnawaz Dar, Faheem Nasir, Kaleem, Mohammad Hanif, Shashi Abrol, Anil Shukla and Gurmeet Singh.

The NIA’s investigative team visited the site to gather crucial evidence that could aid in identifying the attackers.

As leaders of various political parties and outfits condemned the attack, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah expressed his determination not to let vested interests impede the region’s progress and development.

Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha vowed to avenge the brutal attack, holding Pakistan accountable for instigating violence in the area.

Previous Post

LG Manoj Sinha directs securing vital infrastructure projects across UT

Next Post

 Fire destroys 10 structures in Kupwara

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Tuesday issued a stern warning to the narco-terror ecosystem, saying narco-terrorists and drug-peddlers can...

Read moreDetails

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha today attended the “Lal Ded National Award Ceremony” organised by Sarhad, Pune, at Srinagar. Speaking...

Read moreDetails

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…
May 20, 2026

Jammu: Police and Forest Department teams on Tuesday demolished over 30 structures and retrieved nearly 60 kanals of forest land...

Read moreDetails

Sajad Lone, Altaf Bukhari condemn demolition

Sajad Lone, Altaf Bukhari condemn demolition
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Peoples Conference President and MLA Handwara, Sajad Lone and Apni Party President, Syed Altaf Bukhari have...

Read moreDetails

Petrol, diesel prices raised by 90 paise a litre, second hike under a week

Petrol, diesel prices cut by 9 paise each
May 20, 2026

New Delhi: Petrol and diesel prices were raised by about 90 paise per litre on Tuesday - the second increase...

Read moreDetails

High Court quashes FIR against former Ranji cricketer

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of J&K and Ladakh High on Tuesday quashed an FIR registered against former Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Fire

 Fire destroys 10 structures in Kupwara

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.