• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, May 23, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

NIA charge-sheets 10th accused in weapons delivery case

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 16, 2024
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
NIA arrests racketeer over seizure of fake currency, gold at IGI airport
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu/New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has listed one more accused in its charge-sheet “for his role in delivering arms and weapons from Pakistan to terrorists of banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) by drones”, the agency said on Wednesday.

Zakir Hussain alias Sonu is the tenth accused against whom charges have been filed in a case registered in 2022 by the NIA, which has filed its second supplementary charge-sheet before a special court in Jammu, it said.

More News

Will make Pak-Bangla borders impenetrable: HM Shah

Ladakh, New Delhi reach out ‘an understanding’ on constitutional safeguards

‘Omar Abdullah missing’ poster sparks political row; Farooq hits back at BJP

Load More

Nine other accused were previously named in the charge-sheet under various sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC), the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, Arms Act and Explosive Substances Act, said the statement issued by the NIA.

According to the charge-sheet, Hussain was “supporting and assisting the operatives of LeT in collecting and delivering the arms and ammunition consignments dropped by the drone coming from the Pakistan side.”

The case was originally registered by Rajbagh police in Kathua district of Jammu on May 29, 2022 after a drone (hexacopter) was intercepted and recovered with several rounds of Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) and magnetic bombs near Dhalli area, the probe agency said.

The NIA took over the case on July 30, 2022.

Among the accused named in the charge-sheet is Faisal Muneer, identified as the “main handler” of the overground worker (OGW) network active in the border area villages of Kathua.

“Muneer was working under the directions of designated terrorist, Pakistan-based Sajjad Gul, of the LeT,” the probe agency said.

Previous Post

Security situation reviewed in view of terror incidents across Jammu

Next Post

Access to safe, adequate drinking water for every citizen is my commitment: LG

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Will make Pak-Bangla borders impenetrable: HM Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday said the government will launch a tech-enabled "smart border" project by...

Read moreDetails

Ladakh, New Delhi reach out ‘an understanding’ on constitutional safeguards

Leh Apex Body rejects involvement of ‘foreign hand’ in violence; demands judicial probe
May 23, 2026

Srinagar: As Jammu and Kashmir is confronted with controversies and conflicting narratives, Ladakh region has once again emerged as a...

Read moreDetails

‘Omar Abdullah missing’ poster sparks political row; Farooq hits back at BJP

Dr Farooq interacts with functionaries at Nawa-e-Subha on second consecutive day
May 23, 2026

Srinagar: A political storm erupted in Jammu and Kashmir after the BJP circulated online “Omar Abdullah missing” posters in a...

Read moreDetails

SC grants bail to Kashmiri man accused in UAPA case

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday granted bail to Suhail Ahmad Thokar, who was arrested in a UAPA case...

Read moreDetails

BOSE notifies dates for submission of Class 11 Bi- Annual exam forms

JKBOSE issues revised date sheets for biannual, private exams
May 23, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (J&K BOSE) has notified the schedule for submission of permission cum...

Read moreDetails

CS reviews comprehensive traffic decongestion plan for Jammu, Srinagar

Chief Secy reviews Mission YUVA progress across J&K districts
May 23, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Friday chaired the fifth meeting of the Multi-Disciplinary Committee on Traffic Management System to...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Access to safe, adequate drinking water for every citizen is my commitment: LG

Access to safe, adequate drinking water for every citizen is my commitment: LG

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.