• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

NIA court denies PDP’s Waheed Para permission to travel outside J&K 

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
October 1, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leader Waheed ur Rehman Para was denied permission by a Srinagar court to travel outside the Union Territory for his father’s treatment for a year.

Para had filed an application before the Special Judge Sandeep Gandotra of the NIA court, seeking permission to travel outside J&K for his father’s medical treatment who is suffering from cancer.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

Para is facing charges in a case under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act for allegedly supporting “terrorist activities,” and the High Court has prohibited him from leaving J&K as part of his bail conditions.

Special Judge Sandeep Gandotra denied Parra’s request for “blanket permission” to travel to Delhi and Mumbai, saying it would hinder the trial, and there was a genuine concern that Para might attempt to flee the country, reported Bar and Bench.

The court said, “One cannot lose sight of the fact that the applicant has filed this application seeking blanket permission for one year to go to Mumbai and Delhi for his father’s treatment without informing this court…”

The court added that Para had a history of filing applications to travel outside J&K and abroad for various reasons, including a previous application to travel to the United States and to take his ailing father to Mumbai for treatment.

The NIA court observed a dichotomy in Para’s applications for travel, as earlier, Para had filed an application seeking permission to travel to the USA for three months to attend the YALE fellowship, knowing well that his father was suffering from a serious medical condition. Now, he has filed the application seeking blanket permission for one year to travel to Mumbai for his father’s treatment.

“This clearly shows that the present application has been filed only to prolong the trial of the case,” Judge Gandotra said.

While denying permission to the PDP leader, the court expressed apprehensions that he might misuse his liberty and attempt to connect with “elements” in India who are suspected of “running terrorist/secessionist networks.”

The court also raised concerns about the applicant trying to influence the collection of evidence.

In June this year, Para was denied permission to travel abroad for the YALE Peace Fellowship; however, he was granted permission to travel to Mumbai on “humanitarian grounds” to enable him to take his father to the TATA Memorial Center in Mumbai in April.

 

NIA conducts raids in Poonch in Dhangri terror attack case

Jammu: The NIA on Saturday conducted raids on the premises of several suspects in Poonch district in connection with a Lashkar-e-Taiba attack that killed seven civilians in the Dhangri village of Rajouri district earlier this year, an official said.

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) raids were conducted at five locations across the Gursai village of Mendhar tehsil in Poonch on the disclosure of two arrested accused, a spokesperson for the central agency said.

The agency arrested Nisar Ahmad alias Haji Nisar and Mushtaq Hussain on August 31. They are currently lodged in Central Jail, Kot Bhalwal, Jammu. 

Five people were killed when terrorists opened fire on civilians in the Dhangri village on January 1. Two civilians were killed the following day when an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) left behind by the terrorists exploded.

A case under provisions of the Indian Penal Code, Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the Arms Act was initially registered at Rajouri police station. The NIA took over the case on January 13 and is carrying out further investigations.

The spokesperson said NIA teams conducted extensive searches at the locations, which he described as residential premises of overground workers linked with the proscribed Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT). 

Several digital devices and documents containing incriminating data and content have been seized and those are being scrutinised for unravelling the conspiracy, the spokesperson said.

Investigations so far have revealed that both the arrested accused had harboured the terrorists who had carried out the attack.

“They provided logistics support to the terrorists for more than two months and sheltered them in a hideout that they had built,” the official said.

“The duo, as per the investigations, had been operating on the directions of Pakistan-based LeT handlers Saifullah alias Sajid Jutt, Abu Qatal alias Qatal Sindhi and Mohd Qasim,” the NIA spokesperson added.

 

Previous Post

Rail traffic restored in Jammu after farmers end protest in Punjab

Next Post

CS calls for developing world’s highest Rail Bridge site in Reasi as tourist spot

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
CS calls for developing world’s highest Rail Bridge site in Reasi as tourist spot

CS calls for developing world's highest Rail Bridge site in Reasi as tourist spot

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.