• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Families of Dhangri attack victims threaten migration

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 28, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Dhangri attack toll climbs to seven as one more person succumbs
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu: Family members of the Dhangri terror attack victims on Monday threatened to migrate from their village to a “safer” place and return the ex-gratia amount if the government fails to catch the attackers and bring them to justice.

Terrorists had struck Dhangri village in Rajouri district on January 01 and targeted villagers and fled before planting an Improvised Explosive Device (IED).

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

While five people were killed in the firing by terrorists, two others died in the IED explosion the next morning. As many as 14 villagers were injured in the twin attacks.

The attackers are still at large.

Saroj Bala, who lost two sons — Prince and Deepak — in the attack, said if the government cannot provide her justice, it should “shoot me dead too”.

“We don’t need jobs. We don’t need money. We need justice by bringing terrorists and their supporters to book. If they don’t address our demand, we will all migrate from here (Dhangri),” she told reporters in Rajouri.

Flanked by a large number of villagers, Bala said though 90 days have passed since the gruesome attack, there was no whereabouts of the terrorists involved.

“We have not received any information about the progress of the case and terrorists involved in the attack so far,” She said.

Bala said she appreciated the support provided to the victims’ families by Union Home Minister Amit Shah and J&K BJP Ravinder Raina. However, contrary to it, the J&K DGP said the attackers were Pakistani terrorists and had gone back after the killings, she added.

“How is it? My son fired 18 to 20 rounds. Terrorists from across the border would fire a single or two shots to kill a person but why were so many bullets fired? They (attackers) killed people after checking their IDs,” Bala said.

“Even if that is true, what about those who gave them support to infiltrate, guided them and provided food and shelter here?” she asked.

“The administration, in order to escape its responsibilities, transferred the SSP and the SHO probing the case,” Bala said.

Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police (DGP) Dilbag Singh on Thursday had said terrorists had infiltrated from Pakistan and killed innocent people in Dhangri village.

Asserting that the victims’ families do not need jobs or ex-gratia, Dhangri village Sarpanch Deeraj Kumar said that the money will be returned to the same account where from it was credited if justice is not provided to the families.

 

Previous Post

Schools ‘forcing’ parents to buy books & uniforms from specific shops will face action: Director Education

Next Post

HC seeks report from SMC about steps taken to deal with stray dog menace, sterilization measures

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
PIL seeks HC intervention for establishing daycare centres, old-age homes for elderly

HC seeks report from SMC about steps taken to deal with stray dog menace, sterilization measures

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.