• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, May 24, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Rijiju shares video of former IAF officer calling air strike a ‘thumping success’, slams Digvijaya

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 24, 2023
in NATION
A A
0
If needed, there is provision to revise budget allocation for sports: Rijiju

Kiren Rijiju

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Jan 24 (PTI) Amid a controversy over Congress leader Digvijaya Singh’s comments on surgical strikes, Union Law Minister Kiren Rijiju on Tuesday shared a video of retired Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar stating that the Balakot air strike was a “thumping success”.

Sharing the video clip on Twitter, Rijiju said, “This is the reply to Congress party and all those who question the Indian Armed Forces.”

More News

Modi, Rubio discuss bilateral ties, West Asia crisis; Trump invites PM to White House

‘Crackdown’ on CJP, access to all accounts lost, says founder Abhijeet Dipke

Dressed as cockroach, activist creates stir in Mathura with ‘save Yamuna’ call

Load More

In the video, Nambiar, who retired as Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Western Command of the Indian Air Force in 2019, said the pilots who carried out the air strike at Balakot achieved “all objectives” that had been set.

“This gentleman does not know what he is talking about… I took over as the Commander-in-Chief of the Western Air Command two days after the Balakot air strike, and I am fully aware of what transpired,” the retired Air Marshal said, referring to Singh.

“Let me assure you our brave pilots did exactly as they were briefed and achieved all objectives we had set for them. Please do not believe any lie, and rest assured Balakot air strike was a thumping success,” he said.

The Balakot air strike was carried out in response to the Pulwama terror attack in which 40 CRPF personnel were killed.

India had announced on September 29, 2016 that it had carried out a “surgical strike” against militant launch pads across the Line of Control in Pakistan-administered Kashmir, and inflicted “significant casualties”. The attack was in response to the attack on an army base in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir.

Addressing a public meeting during the Bharat Jodo Yatra in Jammu and Kashmir on Monday, Singh questioned the surgical strikes and accused the government of peddling lies.

“They talk of surgical strikes. They claim to have killed so many people but no proof is given. They are ruling by peddling a bundle of lies,” the former Madhya Pradesh chief minister, who has often courted controversy with his comments, said.

The Congress has distanced itself from Singh’s remarks, saying they were his own and do not reflect the position of the party.

Snubbing Singh for questioning surgical strikes, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday termed his comments “ridiculous” and said the armed forces are doing their job “exceptionally well” and do not need to give any proof.

Previous Post

BBC documentary on 2002 Gujarat riots screened in several parts of Kerala; BJP Yuva Morcha holds protests

Next Post

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi begins India visit

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Modi, Rubio discuss bilateral ties, West Asia crisis; Trump invites PM to White House

Modi, Rubio discuss bilateral ties, West Asia crisis; Trump invites PM to White House
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: India and the US will continue to work closely for the global good, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said...

Read moreDetails

‘Crackdown’ on CJP, access to all accounts lost, says founder Abhijeet Dipke

‘Crackdown’ on CJP, access to all accounts lost, says founder Abhijeet Dipke
May 23, 2026

New Delhi:  Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) founder Abhijeet Dipke on Saturday alleged a crackdown on the satirical digital outfit, saying...

Read moreDetails

Dressed as cockroach, activist creates stir in Mathura with ‘save Yamuna’ call

‘Cockroach Janata Party’ launches campaign seeking Dharmendra Pradhan’s resignation
May 23, 2026

Mathura: The Cockroach Janta Party, a satirical digital outfit that came up last week and took social media by storm,...

Read moreDetails

India to create ‘smart border’ along Pak, B’Desh to stop infiltration, attempts of demographic change: Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 23, 2026

New Delhi:  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday said the government will launch a tech-enabled "smart border" project by...

Read moreDetails

‘Had a fruitful meeting with council of ministers,’ says PM Modi

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said he had a fruitful meeting with his council of ministers where...

Read moreDetails

‘Cockroach Janata Party’ launches campaign seeking Dharmendra Pradhan’s resignation

‘Cockroach Janata Party’ launches campaign seeking Dharmendra Pradhan’s resignation
May 23, 2026

New Delhi: Back with the tagline "Cockroaches Never Die" after its original X handle was withheld in India, the "Cockroach...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi begins India visit

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi begins India visit

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.