• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Musharraf blames Sharif for Pak Army’s withdrawal from Kargil

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 16, 2018
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Musharraf blames Sharif for Pak Army’s withdrawal from Kargil
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Islamabad, May 15: Pakistan’s former dictator General Pervez Musharraf has attacked Nawaz Sharif and blamed the ousted prime minister for withdrawing from Kargil in 1999 under pressure from India when the Pakistan Army was in a “dominating position”.

Musharraf, who was the Pakistan Army chief during the Kargil War, also demanded that Sharif should be tried for treason for his controversial remarks on the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

The 74-year-old retired general, facing a slew of cases in Pakistan, has been living in Dubai since last year when he was allowed to leave the country for medical treatment.

While reacting to Sharif’s statement on the Mumbai attack, Musharraf, the chief of the All Pakistan Muslim League, also talked about the Kargil War, blaming withdrawal of the Pakistan Army on Sharif.

Elaborating on the war and its happenings, he said that “Pakistan was in a dominating position in five different fronts in the war, and that the then-prime minister was briefed on the situation at least two times.”

He rejected Sharif’s claims that he was not taken into confidence about the withdrawal of the Pakistan Army from Kargil.

“He kept asking me whether we should withdraw,” said Musharraf in his video statement.

The former president and military ruler also said that then-senator Raja Zafarul Haq and Interior minister of the time Chaudhry Shujaat had opposed the withdrawal of the army.

But, he said Sharif issued the order to withdraw the army from Kargil when he visited the US. Musharraf claimed Sharif was “put under pressure” by the Indian government.

“He (Sharif) blamed the whole thing on me,” the former army chief said.

On Sharif’s statement on the Mumbai terror attack, Musharraf said that holding the Pakistani establishment and the army responsible was extremely disappointing.

In the message, Musharraf derided Sharif for his comments about Pakistan’s involvement in the 2008 attacks which took the lives of 166 people, saying that Sharif should be tried for treason under Article 6 of the Constitution for his comments.

He also called the former prime minister a “traitor” for defaming Pakistan Army and the establishment on the world stage.

The video message was released as a response to Sharif’s allegations about the involvement of “non-state actors” in the Mumbai attack.

Yesterday, Pakistan’s National Security Committee had condemned Sharif’s statement as “fallacious” about the Mumbai terror attack and termed it as “incorrect and misleading”.

Previous Post

Cop killed, another injured in militant attack at Bijbehara

Next Post

Srinagar MLAs get Rs one crore each to strengthen social infra

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Srinagar MLAs get Rs one crore each to strengthen social infra

Srinagar MLAs get Rs one crore each to strengthen social infra

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.