• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Coimbatore blast probe handed over to NIA

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 27, 2022
in NATION
A A
0
NIA arrests racketeer over seizure of fake currency, gold at IGI airport
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Centre on Thursday decided to hand over to the NIA the probe into the recent blast near a temple in Coimbatore, officials said.

The decision came after Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin recommended an investigation by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) into the Sunday blast in which an engineer was killed.

More News

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

Load More

“The Union home ministry decided to hand over the Coimbatore blast case to the NIA,” an official said.

The Tamil Nadu government said the decision to recommend the probe handover to the central anti-terror agency was taken as there is involvement of factors “extraneous to the state” and “possible international links”.

On Sunday, a car loaded with two gas cylinders exploded near a temple in Coimbatore. It was being driven by one Jameesha Mubin, a 29-year-old engineering graduate.

Mubin had attempted to get past a police check post near the temple, but fled after failing to do so, state police chief C Sylendra Babu told reporters on Monday.

Police have arrested five people who had been in contact with Mubin, and charged them under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.

Mubin was under the NIA radar in 2019 in the aftermath of the Easter bomb blasts in Sri Lanka, but no case was filed against him, police said.

 

Previous Post

Religious freedom is fundamental American value, supporting it is priority for US President: Blinken at Diwali reception

Next Post

Kerala Guv is a disgrace to the Constitutional position he holds: Congress

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 19, 2026

Oslo:  India and Norway have firmed up a Green Strategic Partnership, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Norwegian counterpart...

Read moreDetails

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 18, 2026

Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh):  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday asserted that India is now "by and large" free from three...

Read moreDetails

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers
May 18, 2026

Palghar: A tempo packed with guests heading for an engagement ceremony collided with a speeding container trailer on Monday on...

Read moreDetails

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors
May 18, 2026

The Hague: Driven by shifting global geopolitics, India and the Netherlands elevated their ties to a strategic partnership and inked...

Read moreDetails

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom
May 18, 2026

The Hague: India has flatly rejected allegations of declining media freedom and erosion of religious and minority rights, asserting that...

Read moreDetails

Great Nicobar project a recipe for ecological disaster: Ramesh to Defence minister

No shortage of fuel, essential supplies in India despite West Asia crisis: Rajnath Singh
May 18, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Jairam Ramesh on Sunday wrote to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on the Great Nicobar Island Project,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Congress to organize Mega Tractor Rally on Nov 9 against new Land laws, Farm Laws

Kerala Guv is a disgrace to the Constitutional position he holds: Congress

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.