• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, September 1, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Rahul Bhat’s family sought his transfer but administration took no action, claim colleagues

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 15, 2022
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Rahul Bhat’s family sought his transfer but administration took no action, claim colleagues
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Sheikhpora: The family of Rahul Bhat, a Kashmiri Pandit staff who was shot dead by militants in Jammu and Kashmir’s Budgam district, had sought his transfer from Chadoora citing threat to his life, but the administration took no action, his colleagues claimed on Saturday.

Bhat, who had got the job of a clerk under the special employment package for migrants in 2010-11, was gunned down by terrorists inside the tehsil office in Chadoora town of central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Thursday.

Related posts

Cloudburst, landslide in Reasi, Ramban districts claim 11 lives

Cloudburst, landslide in Reasi, Ramban districts claim 11 lives

August 31, 2025
Soldier injured in sniper fire along LoC

Top terror facilitator ‘Samandar Chacha’ killed along LoC in Gurez

August 31, 2025

Protesting his killing, the Kashmiri Pandit migrant employees who were employed under the prime minister’s package in 2008, said Bhat’s wife had met the officials of the administration a few times to plead for his transfer.

“When Deepak Chand (another Kashmiri pandit) was killed (in October last year), there was a threat perception. He (Bhat) thought that something may happen to him as well. His wife had gone to them (officials) two to three times but there was no action,” Sanjay Kumar, a Kashmiri Pandit employee, told PTI here.

He said Bhat’s wife had pleaded that he be shifted to the deputy commissioner’s office in Budgam.

“But the file with her plea was kept in the garbage. Now, he lost the life… she (Bhat’s wife) had been pleading (with the authorities) that Chadoora is not a safe place,” Kumar said.

Another employee, who requested anonymity, claimed that Rahul Bhat was not provided with any security despite the issue being raised by his wife.

He said that he can be identified as another Rahul “as we all are Rahul Bhat”.

“His wife had gone to the deputy commissioner. But, what security was provided to him or all of us? Did they not have intelligence inputs about the attack?” the protesting employees questioned.

The deputy commissioner of Budgam, Shahbaz Ahmad Mirza, did not respond to calls for his comments.

Previous Post

Ladakh reports three Covid cases

Next Post

Katra bus fire: NIA team visits scene, collected samples

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Next Post
4 killed, 24 injured as bus catches fire in Katra    

Katra bus fire: NIA team visits scene, collected samples

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.