• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, May 21, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

HC directs continuation services of 918 helpers in SWD

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
January 26, 2022
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
HC seeks details of officials involved in Handwara Water Supply scam
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: J&K High Court today directed continuation of the services of helpers in the Social Welfare Department (SWD) and payment of their honorarium.

The court also directed notices against the Commissioner Secretary and other top officers of the department for issuing an order that sought disengagement of the services of these 918 workers in August 2021.

More News

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism

High court announces virtual hearings amid fuel conservation measures

J&K finalises Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026; voter count crosses 72.24 lakh

Load More

Hearing a writ petition titled Rohee Akhter & Ors through T A Lone V/s UT of JK, Justice M A Chowdhary directed notice to the respondents, returnable within four weeks “subject to requisite steps”.

“In the meanwhile, the petitioners shall be allowed to continue their services and paid the honorarium,” directed Justice Chowdhary and listed the matter for further hearing on 25th of next month.

The subject of the writ petition had reference to the decision of the J&K UT government taken in terms of communication no. SWD/ICDS/49/2021 dated 27th of August 2021. The communiqué addressed to the Mission Director ICDS J&K, required him to disengage 918 helpers to supervisors with effect from 1st of September 2021.

The Mission Director in a further communication on 28th of September had asked all the District Programme Officers of Jammu & Kashmir to disengage all these helpers to supervisors.

The afore stated decision was challenged by the petitioner Rohee and others on the ground that the continuation of these helpers had the sanction of the government in terms of Government Order No. 72 SW of 2013 dated 16.03.2013. The sanction is based on a Cabinet Decision No. 60.07.2013 dated 15.03.2013, the petitioner said.

The cabinet decision according to the petitioner made the helpers eligible for promotion to Anganwari worker of such hamlet, ward or halqa Panchayat to which he or she belonged and possessed the requisite qualification.

The petitioner’s counsel submitted before the bench that the helpers have been serving the department for a long period of time and were continuously paid the honorarium for which there was no requirement of sanction of posts as mentioned in the impugned communication.

He further submitted that no disengagement order has been issued by any District Programme Officer so far pursuant to the impugned decision.

He added that the petitioners are holding the temporary status, therefore their rights are guaranteed under the constitution and they cannot be disengaged unless they are given an opportunity of hearing.

Previous Post

Grenade thrower arrested within hours of incident

Next Post

J&K reports highest number of infections since outbreak of pandemic

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism
May 21, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Wednesday said peace is the fundamental prerequisite for development and credited the Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

High court announces virtual hearings amid fuel conservation measures

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 21, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh on Wednesday announced the adoption of virtual hearings and hybrid...

Read moreDetails

J&K finalises Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026; voter count crosses 72.24 lakh

Name not in voters’ list, claim non-migrant Kashmiri Pandits
May 21, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir State Election Commission has finalised the Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026 following completion of the annual...

Read moreDetails

Sidhra Demolition: Govt sets-up committee to probe violations of Forest Rights Act

Authorities in J&K probe ‘radicalisation’ of youths especially girls in Kashmir schools
May 21, 2026

Srinagar/JAMMU: As the Jammu & Kashmir government on Wednesday constituted a committee to probe possible violations of the Forest Rights...

Read moreDetails

J&K Cong seeks probe by retired HC judge into Jammu forest eviction drive

BJP’s lip service, empty rhetoric won’t work in Assembly polls: J&K Cong
May 21, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: The Congress in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday demanded a high-level inquiry headed by a sitting or retired high...

Read moreDetails

CS reviews sustainability plan for Industrial Biotech Parks in J&K

Chief Secy reviews Mission YUVA progress across J&K districts
May 21, 2026

Jammu: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Wednesday reviewed the operational framework and sustainability plan for Industrial Biotech Parks being established...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Amid spike in coronavirus cases, India boosts capacity for tougher challenges ahead

J&K reports highest number of infections since outbreak of pandemic

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.