• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, May 22, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Australia set to tour Pakistan with full-strength squad

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 25, 2022
in SPORTS
A A
0
Australia set to tour Pakistan with full-strength squad
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Melbourne: Australia are set to tour Pakistan with a full-strength squad as no player has so far expressed any reservation about travelling to the country which did not get to host top-flight international cricket for nearly a decade due to security concerns.

The last time Pakistan had an ICC event on its soil was when it co-hosted the 1996 World Cup along with India and Sri Lanka. The terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in 2009 ensured Test cricket remained out of bounds until 2019.

More News

Anti-Doping Act set to be amended; Ministry proposes five-year jail for suppliers of banned drugs

Commonwealth Games Day to be celebrated across India on May 24

Discus thrower Banvir banned for 7 years, Harendra gets second 4-year suspension

Load More

Last year, before the T20 World Cup, New Zealand and England had pulled out of the tour of Pakistan citing security concerns, the Kiwis withdrawing at the eleventh hour.

However, Australia appeared to be on track for undertaking their first tour of Pakistan in 24 years, with national selector George Bailey terming the security plans as “very, very robust and very, very thorough”.

“I believe the boards are still working through some of the minor details around that tour, so once that gets the formal tick of approval then we’ll announce the squad post that, but we’re reasonably well down the track,” Bailey told reporters on Tuesday according to Cricket Australia’s website.

The last time Australia toured the Asian nation was way back in 1998, under Mark Taylor’s captaincy.

It’s all positive as far as the Pakistan tour is concerned but uncertainty hovers over the resumption of the Sheffield Shield season, even though the selectors may not be required to see Shield performances for picking the squad after Australia’s 4-0 Ashes drubbing of England.

“Whether we need to (see any Shield cricket) or not, I’m not entirely sure what opportunity we will get,” Bailey said.

“But the one thing that I think we have to be really just okay with is that we’ve got to accept what we get at the moment and be flexible.

“I think one of the great things and possibly one of the reasons the players performed so well in the Ashes was there were a number of players who got a good bank of Shield cricket in prior to that series.

“Whether it’s for Pakistan or not, you’d certainly hope that there is an opportunity for some Shield cricket at some stage just because of the competition and to continue to see guys improving and getting the opportunity to show their wares,” Bailey added.

Previous Post

HSHS: Grenade thrower arrested, says IGP Kashmir

Next Post

Sania bids adieu to Australia Open with quarterfinal loss in mixed doubles

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Anti-Doping Act set to be amended; Ministry proposes five-year jail for suppliers of banned drugs

Anti-Doping Act set to be amended; Ministry proposes five-year jail for suppliers of banned drugs
May 21, 2026

New Delhi: The recently-amended National Anti-Doping Act will be modified once again to criminalise trafficking and distribution of prohibited substances...

Read moreDetails

Commonwealth Games Day to be celebrated across India on May 24

Commonwealth Games Day to be celebrated across India on May 24
May 21, 2026

New Delhi: Shooter Anjum Modgil and badminton player Trupti Murgunde will be among the sporting stars in attendance when the...

Read moreDetails

Discus thrower Banvir banned for 7 years, Harendra gets second 4-year suspension

May 21, 2026

New Delhi: Discus thrower Banvir Singh has been banned for seven years by the the National Anti-Doping Agency's Appeal Panel...

Read moreDetails

Ranji Trophy starts on Oct 11, domestic season to open with Duleep Trophy from Aug 23

J&K tower over Karnataka to clinch maiden Ranji Trophy title
May 21, 2026

New Delhi: The Ranji Trophy will once again be played in two phases with the opening round starting on October...

Read moreDetails

India drop to 6th in WTC table after Bangladesh sweep Pakistan 2-0

India push for victory with T20-style batting
May 21, 2026

Dubai:  The Indian cricket team dropped to sixth in the latest World Test Championship (WTC) rankings after Bangladesh improved a...

Read moreDetails

J&K Sports Council congratulates Vishal Thappar on World Cup selection

May 21, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Wednesday congratulated ace sabre fencer Vishal Thappar on his selection to represent...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Sania bids adieu to Australia Open with quarterfinal loss in mixed doubles

Sania bids adieu to Australia Open with quarterfinal loss in mixed doubles

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.