• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Djokovic will defend Australian Open title after exemption from vaccination

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 4, 2022
in SPORTS
A A
0
Djokovic will defend Australian Open title after exemption from vaccination
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Melbourne: Novak Djokovic ended speculation over his Australian Open title defence by announcing on Tuesday that he would compete at the season’s opening Grand Slam event after receiving a medical exemption from getting vaccinated against Covid-19.

The world number one, who had declined to reveal his vaccination status, said previously that he was unsure whether he would compete at the January 17-30 tournament in Melbourne due to concerns over Australia’s quarantine rules.

More News

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

Load More

“I’ve spent fantastic quality time with my loved ones over the break and today I’m heading Down Under with an exemption permission. Let’s go 2022,” the Serbian said on Instagram.

Organisers of the Australian Open had stipulated that all participants must be vaccinated against the coronavirus or have a medical exemption granted by an independent panel of experts.

Tennis Australia said last month the panel would consist of doctors from the fields of immunology, infectious disease and general practice and that the move was agreed in conjunction with the Victoria Department of Health.

Applicants that pass an initial stage will be subject to a second review conducted by a government-appointed panel before the application is submitted to the Australian Immunisation Register.

Djokovic’s father Srdjan had told a Serbian television channel that his son would probably pull out of the major, saying Tennis Australia’s stance on mandatory jabs was tantamount to “blackmail”.

Djokovic pulled out of the Serbia team for the ATP Cup in Sydney to raise further doubts over his participation in the year’s first Grand Slam.

“I’m ready to live and breathe tennis in the next few weeks of competition. Thanks everyone for the support,” Djokovic added in his post, which was accompanied by a picture of him in an airport.

Previous Post

Four Zimbabwe U-19 World Cup players test Covid positive

Next Post

Ebadot puts Bangladesh on top in 1st test vs New Zealand

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Indian-Australian endurance athlete Om Satija on Sunday completed his ambitious 5,000-kilometre “One India Run” campaign after reaching Srinagar, marking...

Read moreDetails

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Downtown Srinagar on Sunday witnessed the return of the iconic Khyber Run for Shahr-e-Khaas after a gap of nearly...

Read moreDetails

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Department of Youth Services and Sports on Saturday reviewed sports infrastructure projects, youth engagement programmes and district action...

Read moreDetails

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold

Omar congratulates Yasser on Asian boxing gold
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday congratulated young Rajouri boxer Mohammad Yasser for winning a gold medal at the...

Read moreDetails

National Pencak Silat course begins in Srinagar

May 17, 2026

Srinagar: A National Referee and Jury Course organised by the Indian Pencak Silat Federation commenced on Saturday at the Sher-i-Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Sports Council expands KCFL trials across Kashmir

May 17, 2026

Srinagar, May 16: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Saturday continued its district-wide football talent hunt across the Valley...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Ebadot puts Bangladesh on top in 1st test vs New Zealand

Ebadot puts Bangladesh on top in 1st test vs New Zealand

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.