• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

It’s all over: Australia retains Ashes with win over England

AP/ PTI by AP/ PTI
December 28, 2021
in SPORTS
A A
1
It’s all over: Australia retains Ashes with win over England
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Melbourne: It was quite a Test debut for Australia fast bowler Scott Boland.

Player-of-the-match Boland claimed the remarkable bowling figures of six wickets for seven runs as Australia beat England by an innings and 14 runs before lunch on the third day of the third Ashes test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Tuesday.

More News

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer

T20’s six-hitting era turns cricket bat-making into a science of precision and customisation

Load More

The massive victory means Australia retains the Ashes, with a 3-0 lead in the five-match series.

Resuming on Tuesday on 31-4, England was bowled out for 68. Ben Stokes, on 11, was bowled by Mitchell Starc in the fifth over of the day.

The 32-year-old Boland removed Jonny Bairstow for 5 in his first over of the day, then world No. 2-ranked batter Joe Root for 28 in his second over, before dismissing Mark Wood and Ollie Robinson without scoring in his third over.

When James Anderson was bowled by Cameron Green for 2, England’s resistance had lasted just 27.4 overs.

Boland, who claimed match figures of 7-55 and is only the second Indigenous player to represent Australia’s men’s test-cricket side, was awarded the Johnny Mullagh Medal for player of the match. The award honors Australia’s Indigenous team which toured England in 1868.

Australia captain Pat Cummins said his side had been relentless and would now aim for a 5-0 sweep of the series.

“Any Ashes series is when you try to make a mark on your test career, so a chance to start cementing our identity,” Cummins said.

England captain Joe Root tried to remain positive.

“We have to stay strong and look at the next two games to take something from the tour,” Root said at the post-match ceremony.

Play resumed as scheduled on Tuesday after players from both teams were tested for COVID-19 overnight.

The start of Monday’s second day of play was delayed by 30 minutes due to a COVID-19 scare involving two members of England’s support staff.

Australia was bowled out for 267 on Monday as the home side grabbed a first-innings advantage of 82 runs. England could not even reach that figure to make Australia bat a second time.

The fourth test is scheduled to begin on Jan. 5 in Sydney, with the fifth from Jan. 14 in Hobart.

Previous Post

Former captains ’embarrassed’ at England’s Ashes surrender

Next Post

Lot of time wasted already, begin work on India you want: PM to IIT graduates

AP/ PTI

AP/ PTI

Related Posts

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir

KCFL football trials expand across Kashmir
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Monday continued its Valley-wide football talent identification drive under the Kashmir Champions Football...

Read moreDetails

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer

Dr Shahid Iqbal felicitates Asian boxing champion Mohammad Yaseer
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Commissioner Secretary, Youth Services and Sports Shahid Iqbal Choudhary on Monday felicitated young boxer Mohammad Yaseer for winning a...

Read moreDetails

T20’s six-hitting era turns cricket bat-making into a science of precision and customisation

May 18, 2026

New Delhi:  Cricket's relentless shift towards power-hitting has sparked a quiet revolution far from the spotlight inside bat manufacturing units,...

Read moreDetails

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar

Indian-Australian athlete completes 5,000-km ‘One India Run’ in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Indian-Australian endurance athlete Om Satija on Sunday completed his ambitious 5,000-kilometre “One India Run” campaign after reaching Srinagar, marking...

Read moreDetails

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar

Tanvir Sadiq leads revival of iconic Shahr-e-Khaas heritage run in Srinagar
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Downtown Srinagar on Sunday witnessed the return of the iconic Khyber Run for Shahr-e-Khaas after a gap of nearly...

Read moreDetails

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework

YSS adopts district-wise sports monitoring framework
May 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Department of Youth Services and Sports on Saturday reviewed sports infrastructure projects, youth engagement programmes and district action...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
PM says shrinking farm sizes in villages a challenge

Lot of time wasted already, begin work on India you want: PM to IIT graduates

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.