• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 25, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

People of J&K may have to make ‘sacrifices’ to get back their rights: Farooq Abdullah

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
December 6, 2021
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
People of J&K may have to make ‘sacrifices’ to get back their rights: Farooq Abdullah
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Sunday said the people of Jammu and Kashmir may have to make “sacrifices”, as farmers protesting the new farm laws did, to restore its statehood and special status.

Addressing a convention of the NC’s youth wing on the occasion of the 116th birth anniversary of party founder Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah at his mausoleum at Naseembagh here, Abdullah, however, said his party does not support violence.

More News

Missing Budgam minor girl found dead, Police suspect rape and murder

LG condemns killing of minor girl in Budgam

CM condemns murder, assures his govt’s support for exemplary punishment to culprits

Load More

After almost a year of protests by farmers, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had on November 19 announced the decision to repeal the farm laws passed last year to ease rules around the sale, pricing and storage of crops.

Parliament passed a bill to repeal the farm laws on the first day of the ongoing Winter Session on November 29.

“(The farmers protested for) 11 months, more than 700 farmers died. The Centre had to revoke the three farm bills when farmers made sacrifices. We may also have to make sacrifices like that to get back our rights.

“Remember this, we have promised to get back (Articles) 370, 35-A and statehood and we are ready to make any sacrifice,” Abdullah said.

The NC, however, is not against brotherhood and does not support violence, he said.

The Centre revoked the special status of the erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir and split it into two union territories on August 05, 2019.

On the recent Hyderpora shootout and how the families of two civilians killed in the operation forced the administration to return their bodies, Abdullah said it was made possible because people showed unity.

He demanded that the body of another person, Amir Magray, killed in the shootout also be returned to his family.

“Three innocent people were killed (in the Hyderpora shootout). When people raised their voices, they (the administration) returned the bodies so that their kin could bury them. This is what unity can do.

“But the body of one person has still not been returned to his family. How many innocent people would they have killed this way? We will hold them accountable. He (God) will also hold them accountable and no one will escape that,” the NC chief said.

Referring to Union Home Minister Amit Shah’s remarks that tourism has increased in Jammu and Kashmir after the abrogation of Article 370, Abdullah said “as if tourism is everything” when it comes to the union territory.

“You had promised 50,000 jobs, where are they? Rather you are terminating our people. Were there no people for employing in the (Jammu & Kashmir) Bank that you got people from Punjab and Haryana?

“Where will the boys and girls from J&K go? But if we raise our voices, they are crushed. The media is facing pressure, they (journalists) are summoned to police stations if they write anything against (the government). And they (government) say there is freedom,” he said.

Abdullah asked NC workers to remain united and hold the party flag high.

“Many enemies will come and try to pull you (away) from the party, be wary (of them). They are roaming around. Do not listen to them and remain with the party,” he said.

Previous Post

Consistent erosion of Article 370 alienated people in J&K: Tarigami

Next Post

NIA files supplementary charge-sheet against TuM operative

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

Missing Budgam minor girl found dead, Police suspect rape and murder

   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers
May 25, 2026

Srinagar: A 12-year-old girl, who was reported missing in Budgam district, was found murdered around 200 metres from her house...

Read moreDetails

LG condemns killing of minor girl in Budgam

Zero tolerance for terror sympathisers, youth radicalisation: LG Sinha
May 25, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha has strongly condemned the brutal killing of a minor girl in Budgam. The Lieutenant Governor...

Read moreDetails

CM condemns murder, assures his govt’s support for exemplary punishment to culprits

CM assures priority redressal of public concerns
May 25, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has strongly condemned the brutal murder of a young preteen girl in Budgam, describing the...

Read moreDetails

India hopes its young generation will lead nation to greater heights: LG Sinha

India hopes its young generation will lead nation to greater heights: LG Sinha
May 25, 2026

Srinagar: “India places its hope and confidence in its youth, trusting that the young generation will lead the nation to...

Read moreDetails

Cherry express: Special parcel van to carry 12 tonnes of cherries to Mumbai

Fruit growers excited as first parcel train carrying 24 tonnes of cherry leaves for Mumbai
May 25, 2026

Jammu: Indian Railways has initiated the dispatch of the season's first special parcel van carrying fresh cherries from Jammu to...

Read moreDetails

Ladakh achieved in 7 years what JK could not in 70: PDP’s Waheed Para

Who went to Nagpur and Delhi with 20 MLAs? Waheed Parra slams Altaf Bukhari
May 25, 2026

Srinagar: The people of Ladakh have achieved in seven years what Jammu and Kashmir could not do in 70 years,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Money put in Pak bank accounts of JeM commander before Pulwama blast: NIA

NIA files supplementary charge-sheet against TuM operative

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.