• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home CITY & TOWNS

Development demands of Srinagar city forsaken by JK Govt: Sagar

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
September 20, 2021
in CITY & TOWNS
A A
0
Not participating in ULB, Panchayat polls till GoI protects Art 35 A: Sagar
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir National Conference on Monday expressed dismay over the sorry state of affairs in Srinagar, saying that the city has been rescinded from the development agenda of the incumbent government.

In a statement issued here, the party General Secretary Ali Mohammad Sagar said, “Over the past six years, Shahr-e-Khas bore the brunt of successive lockdowns and curbs. Shopkeepers, artisans and marginal traders were not able to do their business here. We have more than three families living in one house. Youth of Shahr-e-Khas are unemployed, the heritage is in shambles, and it has been years since the city infrastructure hasn’t received any up gradation and augmentation.”

More News

Satish Sharma visits Art of Living International Center in Bengaluru

CS reviews roadmap for mega Youth Empowerment Programme in J&K

Over 1.5 lakh households complete self-enumeration across J&K in first three days

Load More

He further added that the successive orders of the incumbent administration have left no scope for early revival of the businesses in Srinagar. “The contracting economic activities already have had an adverse effect on the household incomes, the escalation of tariff on basic public utilities and soaring inflation has pushed people especially the lower middle class and BPL families to wall.”

“Let alone spending on clothing, medicine and education, people are not able to get two square meals for their families. It was expected that the crumbling economic activities in J&K post 5 August 2019 will have a restraining effect on Government’s taxation policy but the unabated rise in the electricity and water tariff has given slip to the unconcerned attitude of the Government,” he said.

Sagar said that the failure of the government to carry out routine desiltation of drains was one of the reasons why the low lying areas took no time to get inundated.

“As part of new normal which is in vogue at present the government has not taken a comprehensive review on civic conditions of Srinagar including that of the Summer Capital itself, the present situation is an outcome of the continued negligence of administration. Previously also the administration had miserably failed to live up to the expectations of the people during the preceding winter months. It has become a routine of the bureaucracy which has its hands on the helms of power in Jammu and Kashmir, to respond in a reactionary manner rather than having a well conscious plan to deal with the ever increasing urban crisis in Srinagar city,” he said.

Remarking on the failure of the government to up-grade the present urban infrastructure in Srinagar, he said the number of pump stations across Kashmir have seen no augmentation.

Alluding to soaring urban poverty, he maintained that the urban poverty in Srinagar is another stark reality, which cannot be undermined. “Thousands of households, particularly those of daily wagers, artisans, marginal traders, and those engaged in private sector are facing many hardships due to penury induced by loss of jobs and slump in economic activity. Scores of such families are not able to arrange two square meals for their families,” he said.

Previous Post

KU teacher gets Sahitya Akademi Prize for translation of Rabindranath Tagore’s poems into Kashmiri

Next Post

HC seeks Centre, Delhi govt, EC replies on plea to de-recognise AAP for using public money on Ganesh Chaturthi

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

Satish Sharma visits Art of Living International Center in Bengaluru

Satish Sharma visits Art of Living International Center in Bengaluru
May 20, 2026

Bengaluru: Minister for Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Information Technology, Transport and Youth Services & Sports Satish Sharma on...

Read moreDetails

CS reviews roadmap for mega Youth Empowerment Programme in J&K

Chief Secy reviews Mission YUVA progress across J&K districts
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Tuesday reviewed the implementation roadmap of the proposed Youth Empowerment Programme (YEP), an ambitious...

Read moreDetails

Over 1.5 lakh households complete self-enumeration across J&K in first three days

Over 1.5 lakh households complete self-enumeration across J&K in first three days
May 20, 2026

Jammu: More than 1.50 lakh households across Jammu and Kashmir have completed self-enumeration within the first three days of the...

Read moreDetails

Fuel supply remains uninterrupted across J&K: Oil companies

Petrol price hit highest level under BJP govt, diesel at record high
May 20, 2026

Jammu: Public sector oil marketing companies including Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited...

Read moreDetails

NCW seeks Home Ministry’s nod for opening offices in UTs

May 20, 2026

Srinagar:  The National Commission for Women has proposed to open offices in the country's Union territories and is awaiting approval...

Read moreDetails

Shouldn’t view discontent over NC-Congress alliance with too much intensity: Karra

May 20, 2026

Jammu:  Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee president Tariq Hamid Karra on Tuesday played down discontent within the party ranks...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Delhi HC dismisses Omar Abdullah’s plea challenging its office order on final hearing of matters

HC seeks Centre, Delhi govt, EC replies on plea to de-recognise AAP for using public money on Ganesh Chaturthi

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.