• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, November 29, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Meal services banned in domestic flights under 2 hours

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
April 13, 2021
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Vande Bharat Mission: AI to operate 149 repatriation flights to 31 countries in phase II
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: Airlines are not permitted to serve meals in domestic flights that have a duration of less than two hours, the Civil Aviation Ministry said on Monday, as coronavirus cases continue to spiral across the country.

The ban will come into effect from Thursday, the ministry said in its order.

More News

Modi govt will permanently solve Nexalism, North East and J&K: Amit Shah

Minimum temperature drops to -4.5 deg C in Srinagar

LG urges poets to create strong national identity, social cohesion through their expression

Load More

When scheduled domestic flights were resumed on May 25 after coronavirus lockdown last year, the ministry had allowed the airlines to serve in-flight meals under certain conditions.

Modifying the previous order, the ministry’s fresh directive said: “The airlines, operating flights on domestic sectors, may provide meals services on board, where the in-flight duration is two hours or more.”

The ministry said it decided to review the on-board meal services in domestic flights due to the “the increasing threat of COVID-19 and its variants”.

Airlines are permitted to serve only pre-packed snacks, meals and pre-packed beverages on flights that have a duration of more than two hours,. The servicing of in-flight meals must be staggered “among the adjacent seats as far as possible”, it added.

The ministry said all three coronavirus variants of the UK, South Africa and Brazil demonstrated increased transmissibility, as reported by the World Health Organization.

India has surpassed Brazil to record the second-highest number of COVID-19 cases at 1,35,27,717, as a record 1,68,912 new infections were reported on Monday. The active cases have surpassed the 12-lakh mark, while the toll increased to 1,70,179 with 904 more deaths, the highest since October 18.

Scheduled international flights have been suspended in India since March 23, 2020, due to the coronavirus pandemic.

However, special international passenger flights have been operating under the Vande Bharat Mission since last May and under bilateral air-bubble arrangements formed with 28 countries since July.

Previous Post

‘No waiting period, slots increased for registering of documents’

Next Post

J&K records 991 new COVID-19 cases, no fresh death

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

Modi govt will permanently solve Nexalism, North East and J&K: Amit Shah

Modi govt will permanently solve Nexalism, North East and J&K: Amit Shah
by Images News Netwok
November 29, 2025

Raipur: Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Amit Shah today inaugurated the three-day 60th DGsP/IGsP Conference in Raipur, Chhattisgarh...

Read moreDetails

Minimum temperature drops to -4.5 deg C in Srinagar

MeT predicts dry weather in Kashmir
by Images News Netwok
November 29, 2025

Srinagar: Kashmir is experiencing its coldest November since 2007, with minimum temperatures dipping below the freezing point across several locations,...

Read moreDetails

LG urges poets to create strong national identity, social cohesion through their expression

LG Sinha summons J&K Assembly session from October 23
by KI News
November 29, 2025

Jammu: “Poets and writers must strengthen the unity, counter secessionist attempts to divide and radicalise youth in Kashmir valley,” the...

Read moreDetails

Use of bulldozers by Raj Bhavan part of “conspiracy” to “malign” elected government: CM

Use of bulldozers by Raj Bhavan part of “conspiracy” to “malign” elected government: CM
by Images News Netwok
November 29, 2025

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday hit out at the Lieutenant Governor administration, claiming that arbitrary transfers and the use...

Read moreDetails

Hindu neighbour offers to gift land parcel after Muslim journalist’s family loses home in Jammu demolition drive

Hindu neighbour offers to gift land parcel after Muslim journalist’s family loses home in Jammu demolition drive
by Press Trust of india
November 29, 2025

Jammu: A day after the Jammu Development Authority (JDA) demolished a house belonging to the father of a journalist during...

Read moreDetails

Mufti hits out at NC govt over demolition of journalist’s house in Jammu

Mehbooba questions ban on over 30 TV channels
by KI News
November 29, 2025

Srinagar: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chief Mehbooba Mufti criticised the demolition of a house of a journalist by the authorities...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
COVID-19 caseload in India climbs to 86,83,916

J&K records 991 new COVID-19 cases, no fresh death

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.