• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

Pakistan court asks govt to remove ex-ISI chief’s name from no-fly list

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 4, 2021
in WORLD
A A
0
PIA sacks 63 employees for fake degrees, embezzlement
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Islamabad: A high court in Pakistan on Thursday asked the government to remove the name of former spy master Lt Gen (retd) Asad Durrani from the no-fly list.

Islamabad High Court (IHC) Chief Justice Athar Minallah gave the directive while hearing a petition by 80-year-old Durrani seeking removal of his name from the Exit Control List (ECL), which names those barred from going abroad.

More News

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

Load More

The court examined all records and found that there was no inquiry going on against Durrani, the Chief Justice said, adding that “Like all citizens, this retired three-star general also has rights”.

Durrani, who headed the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency from August 1990 till March 1993, ran into hot waters in 2018 by co-authoring a book titled ”The Spy Chronicles: RAW, ISI and the Illusion of Peace” with former Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) chief A S Dulat.

He was summoned by a high-powered committee of senior Army officers after which the Military Intelligence asked the interior ministry to put him on the ECL in May 2018.

Durrani challenged the move in the IHC in 2019, saying the inquiry into the book had been concluded but his name was not removed from the ECL.

The Ministry of Defence last month opposed Durrani’s request seeking removal of his name from the no-fly list, saying he had been “interacting with hostile elements” including RAW since 2008.

It contended that the former ISI chief’s name was placed on the ECL for “his involvement in anti-state activities”.

It also said that he would likely be involved in future publications against the interests of Pakistan.

Earlier, Durrani had acknowledged that military’s interference in the country’s political affairs was a reality, asserting that it was detrimental to Pakistan.

Durrani who also served as director general of the Military Intelligence in 1988, had said that Prime Minister Imran Khan’s biggest problem was the impression that he did not come to power by himself and that “he came with a khaki burden”.

Previous Post

UNGA unanimously adopts India-sponsored resolution declaring 2023 as International Year of Millets

Next Post

Afghan official: Gunmen kill 7 workers, bomb kills doctor

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Director FES issues advisory on fire prevention
May 5, 2026

Beijing: At least 21 people were killed and 61 others injured in a massive explosion at a fireworks factory in...

Read moreDetails

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

UK review warns against anti-India rhetoric over Kashmir, pro-Khalistan extremism
May 3, 2026

Ottawa: Canada's intelligence agency has declared Khalistani extremists a "national security threat", adding that the group uses institutions to promote...

Read moreDetails

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

April 24, 2026

New Delhi:  The US on Thursday sought to control the damage done by a controversial social media repost by US...

Read moreDetails

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp
April 8, 2026

Tehran: US President Donald Trump pulled back on his threats to launch devastating strikes on Iran late Tuesday, swerving to...

Read moreDetails

India’s permanent contribution to agenda of world community is of enormous importance for us: Guterres

UN says violence against children in conflict reached extreme levels in 2023, including in Gaza
February 17, 2026

United Nations:  India's permanent contribution to the agenda of the international community and that of the UN is of "enormous...

Read moreDetails

Jaishankar reiterates India’s support for UNSC reform during meeting with G7 counterparts in Germany

Those enjoying benefits of permanent membership clearly not in hurry to see UN reforms: Jaishankar
February 14, 2026

Munich: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Saturday met his counterparts from the G7 countries as he reiterated India’s support...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Rockets hit US base in Afghanistan, no casualties reported

Afghan official: Gunmen kill 7 workers, bomb kills doctor

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.