• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Delhi fire service responds to 205 distress calls on Diwali

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
November 16, 2020
in NATION
A A
0
Delhi fire service responds to 205 distress calls on Diwali
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Delhi Fire Service received 205 calls related to fire incidents on Diwali, slightly less than the last year, officials said on Sunday.

The incidents include a fire at a godown in west Delhi’s Mundka in which a 28-year-old man was killed while another was injured, they said.

More News

Naxalism eradicated from country before March 31 deadline: Shah

Operation Sindoor reflected ‘smart power’ in its most complete expression, says Indian Army chief

Rahul renews attack on PM over US deal, claims BJP sold India to save Adani

Load More

“We received 205 fire-related calls till Diwali midnight and only two calls were specifically related to firecracker bursting while most of the calls were about the blaze in open areas or dump yards,” Delhi Fire Service Director Atul Garg said.

Of the total calls received, 129 were handled by the fire service department’s control room during the peak hours (from 6 pm to 11.58 pm), the time when people usually lit diyas after puja and burst firecrackers.

Despite a complete ban on the usage of all kinds of firecrackers, Garg said “we responded to 205 calls this year on Diwali which is slightly less as compared to the last year.”

“It could be due to imposition of a complete ban but people were still found bursting firecrackers and most of the garbage dumps that caught fire are also due to fireworks,” he said.

Last year, the fire department had received 245 calls related to fire incidents on Diwali, the officer said.

The National Green Tribunal on Monday imposed a total ban on the sale or use of all kinds of firecrackers in the National Capital Region from midnight of November 9 to the midnight of November 30.

Ahead of Diwali, the Delhi government too had imposed a total ban on firecrackers, including the environmentally safer green crackers, from November 7-30 to combat rising air pollution amid an increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the city.

Out of the 205 calls received on this Diwali, 175 were related to fire while the remaining were related to other requirements, including assistance for rescuing birds and animals, the senior fire official said.

Only two of the 175 calls were related to fire due to bursting of firecrackers, while 71 calls were related to fire at dump yards or open areas, including the fire at a cooler-cum-wood godown in Mundka area on Saturday night, he said.

The injured and the deceased were identified as Aditya, 20, and Sunil Kumar, 28, respectively. Both were residents of Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh, the police official said.

The official suspects that Kumar was sleeping inside the godown when the fire broke out.

“A call about the fire was received at around 11.05 pm and 12 fire tenders were rushed to the spot,” Garg said.

The charred body was recovered from inside the godown, he said.

The fire was eventually brought under control but what led to the blaze is not known yet, he added.

The Delhi Fire Service had deployed 2,500 personnel to deal with any emergency on the occasion. Also, fire tenders were deployed at 24 locations across the city from 5 pm to midnight on both the days, the official said.

Previous Post

Thousands rally behind Trump, believing he won race he lost

Next Post

Rashtrapati Bhavan, Qutub Minar and other monuments to #GoBlue on the World Children’s Day

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Naxalism eradicated from country before March 31 deadline: Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 20, 2026

Jagdalpur:  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday said Naxalism has been completely eradicated from the country ahead of the...

Read moreDetails

Operation Sindoor reflected ‘smart power’ in its most complete expression, says Indian Army chief

Army chief reviews counter-terror ops, deliberates on infusion of advanced tech
May 20, 2026

New Delhi: Under Operation Sindoor, Indian forces dismantled terror infrastructure, punctured a long-standing strategic assumption, and then stopped "deliberately and...

Read moreDetails

Rahul renews attack on PM over US deal, claims BJP sold India to save Adani

NDA govt at Centre ‘crippled’; opposition dealt fatal blow to BJP: Rahul Gandhi
May 20, 2026

Raebareli (UP): Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha and Congress MP Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday launched a scathing attack on...

Read moreDetails

All must follow law to maintain harmony: Rijiju on Adityanath’s remarks over namaz on streets

May 20, 2026

New Delhi:  Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Tuesday reacted to remarks linked to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 19, 2026

Oslo:  India and Norway have firmed up a Green Strategic Partnership, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Norwegian counterpart...

Read moreDetails

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 18, 2026

Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh):  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday asserted that India is now "by and large" free from three...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Rashtrapati Bhavan, Qutub Minar and other monuments to #GoBlue on the World Children’s Day

Rashtrapati Bhavan, Qutub Minar and other monuments to #GoBlue on the World Children's Day

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.