• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 30, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

Roadside bombing targets British convoy in Iraq

AFP/ PTI by AFP/ PTI
September 16, 2020
in WORLD
A A
1
Roadside bombing targets British convoy in Iraq
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Baghdad:  A roadside bombing targeted British diplomatic vehicles in Baghdad on Tuesday, the British Embassy and Iraqi officials said. There were no injuries but the attack is fueling concerns of armed groups outside of the state’s control.

The attack targeted an embassy convoy on a Baghdad highway close to the Umm al-Tabool Mosque, the British Embassy and Iraqi security officials said. No one immediately claimed responsibility for the bombing.

Related posts

Peace in border areas, respecting LAC essential for normalisation of India-China ties: Modi to Xi

PM Modi, Prez Xi likely to meet twice on SCO summit sidelines to firm up ties

August 29, 2025
China denies hidden motives after hosting Iran-Saudi talks

China welcomes PM Modi’s planned visit to attend SCO summit

August 8, 2025

The roads and the area of the attack, between the airport and the heavily fortified Green Zone, are often used by diplomatic missions, the Iraqi official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.

The Green Zone is home to the seat of Iraq’s government and also many foreign embassies, including the British and the U.S.

The attack is the first in months to target a diplomatic convoy and comes amid near daily rocket attacks aimed at the Green Zone and Iraqi army bases hosting U.S. troops. Rocket attacks have rarely lead to significant losses.

The rocket attacks surged at an alarming pace when Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi traveled to the U.S. last month to conclude strategic talks. They have put pressure on his administration, which has promised to reign in armed groups acting outside of state authority.

Previous Post

Centre transferred Rs 38,282 cr to farmers under PM-KISAN during Apr-Aug: Tomar

Next Post

14-29 lakh COVID-19 cases, 37-78k deaths prevented by lockdown: Govt

AFP/ PTI

AFP/ PTI

Next Post
14-29 lakh COVID-19 cases, 37-78k deaths prevented by lockdown: Govt

14-29 lakh COVID-19 cases, 37-78k deaths prevented by lockdown: Govt

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.