• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Muslims from India undertaking Haj this year seems unlikely: Sources

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
June 6, 2020
in Latest News
A A
0
CMO’s announce vaccination schedule for Hajj pilgrims
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: With the coronavirus pandemic showing no signs of abating, it seems unlikely that Muslims from India will be able to undertake the Haj pilgrimage this year, sources said on Saturday.

However, they said the government will take a final decision on the matter only after Saudi Arabia makes its position on hosting the pilgrimage clear.

More News

Kashmir records above normal temp as Srinagar sizzles at 31.5 C

KU extends deadline for B.Tech, M.Tech admission applications till May 21

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Load More

A circular issued by the Haj Committee of India on Friday said only a few weeks are left for the preparatory work in India for Haj 2020, yet the Saudi authorities have not communicated any further development regarding the pilgrimage.

“In view of the several inquiries received and concerns expressed over uncertainty over Haj 2020, it has been decided by the Haj Committee of India that, those pilgrims who desire to cancel their Haj journey this year, their 100 per cent amount paid so far will be refunded without any deductions,” the circular issued by Haj Committee of India CEO Maqsood Ahmed Khan said.

“Coronavirus cases are increasing in Saudi Arabia and two lakh people have to go from here. We had made preparations, but now there is very little time left. We are waiting for an official word from Saudi Arabia,” a top source told PTI.

In response to a question, the source said, “This time, it is unlikely that people will be able to undertake Haj from India.”

Uncertainty has been looming large over this year”s Haj in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and though Saudi Arabia has not made a decision on whether the annual pilgrimage will be held or not, it did ask Muslims to delay their bookings till there is more clarity.

The bilateral annual Haj 2020 agreement between India and Saudi Arabia was signed last December.

In 2020, a total of 2 lakh Indian Muslims were expected to perform Haj.

Over 95,000 COVID-19 cases and more than 600 deaths have been reported in Saudi Arabia due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

Some countries have decided not to send their people for Haj this time. The most prominent among these is Indonesia, the country with the largest Muslim population in the world.

The Haj 2020 is proposed in the period between late July and early August.

The Haj is one of the five pillars of Islam which every Muslim is required to complete at least once in their lifetime if they are healthy enough and have the means to do so.

Previous Post

‘India, China remain engaged through diplomatic, military channels’

Next Post

Will accept Khalistan if govt offers it: Akal Takht Jathedar

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Kashmir records above normal temp as Srinagar sizzles at 31.5 C

For the third day in a row, the Earth’s average temperature remained at a record high
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir witnessed hot and dry weather on Monday, with several places recording above normal temperatures, while the...

Read moreDetails

KU extends deadline for B.Tech, M.Tech admission applications till May 21

Kashmir University wins ‘GATI Achiever’ award
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: University of Kashmir has extended the last date for submission of online application forms for admission to B.Tech and...

Read moreDetails

Former PDC engineer chargesheeted for forgery, destruction of evidence

Police produces chargesheet in Bemina terrorist attack case
May 18, 2026

Srinagar:: The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Crime Branch J&K has filed a chargesheet against a former In-charge Superintendent Engineer...

Read moreDetails

Delhi HC grants Bail to MP Er Rashid to attend father’s funeral rites

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Delhi High Court on Monday granted interim bail to Baramulla MP Er Rashid to enable him to attend...

Read moreDetails

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar

Rupee falls to record low of 96.25 against US dollar
May 18, 2026

Mumbai: The rupee opened on a weak note and slumped to an all-time low of 96.25 in early trade on...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Will accept Khalistan if govt offers it: Akal Takht Jathedar

Will accept Khalistan if govt offers it: Akal Takht Jathedar

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.