• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, November 30, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

COVID-19 lockdown: PM holds meeting with CMs; Delhi, Punjab suggest extension of nationwide lockdown till April 30

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 11, 2020
in Latest News
A A
0
COVID-19 lockdown: PM holds meeting with CMs; Delhi, Punjab suggest extension of nationwide lockdown till April 30
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The chief ministers of Delhi and Punjab on Saturday suggested extension of the nationwide lockdown till April 30 during a meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi had with all state chief ministers to discuss the situation arising due to the COVID-19 pandemic and to take their feedback on whether the 21-day shutdown should be extended.

During the interaction held via video conferencing, Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh suggested extension of the national lockdown by at least a fortnight after April 14.

More News

Ramban disaster victims to get 189 three-room houses within six months: LG Sinha

Girl sets herself ablaze at Pratap Park, moved to hospital

Snowfall key to boost Kashmir’s tourism this season: CM Omar Abdullah

Load More
Sources said, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal also suggested extension of the lockdown till April 30.

Modi, accompanied by some senior officials, including from the Union health ministry, was wearing a white mask during the meeting which was also attended by chief ministers — Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal), Uddhav Thackeray (Maharashtra), Yogi Adityanath (Uttar Pradesh), Manohar Lal (Haryana), K Chandrashekhar Rao (Telangana) and Nitish kumar (Bihar).

The Central government is understood to have also obtained views on the issue from all the relevant agencies and stakeholders involved in the efforts to contain the spread of the pandemic.

The video conference, which began at 11am, came amidst indications that the Central government may extend the nationwide lockdown with some possible relaxations even as Punjab and Odisha have already announced extending the lockdown beyond April 14 when the current spell of 21-day shutdown ends on Tuesday.

The Union Home Ministry has sought views of state governments on various aspects, including whether more categories of people and services need to be exempted. In the current lockdown only essential services are exempted.

This is for the second time the prime minister is interacting with the chief ministers via video link after the lockdown was imposed.

During his April 2 interaction with chief ministers, Modi had pitched for a “staggered” exit from the ongoing lockdown.

A PTI tally of numbers reported by various states as on Thursday at 9.30pm showed a total of 7,510 having been affected by the virus nationwide so far with at least 251 deaths. More than 700 have been cured and discharged. However, the last update from the Union Health Ministry put the number of confirmed infections at 7,447 and the death toll at 239.

Addressing floor leaders of various parties who have representation in Parliament, Modi had on Wednesday made it clear that the lockdown cannot be lifted in one go, asserting that the priority of his government is to “save each and every life”.

According to an official statement after the Wednesday interaction, the prime minister told these leaders that states, district administrations and experts have suggested extension of the lockdown to contain the spread of the virus.

Before the lockdown was announced on March 24, the prime minister had interacted with the chief ministers on March 20 to discuss ways and means to check the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Previous Post

Srinagar-Leh highway opens for traffic

Next Post

Delhi court sends ex-JK cop Davinder Singh to one-month judicial custody

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Ramban disaster victims to get 189 three-room houses within six months: LG Sinha

Zero tolerance for terror sympathisers, youth radicalisation: LG Sinha
by KI News
November 29, 2025

Ramban: Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Saturday visited Ramban district and laid the foundation stone for rehabilitation...

Read moreDetails

Girl sets herself ablaze at Pratap Park, moved to hospital

Girl sets herself ablaze at Pratap Park, moved to hospital
by KI News
November 29, 2025

Srinagar: A young girl allegedly set herself ablaze at Pratap Park here on Saturday afternoon. Eyewitnesses told the news agency—Kashmir...

Read moreDetails

Snowfall key to boost Kashmir’s tourism this season: CM Omar Abdullah

NC only party taking BJP head on: CM Omar
by KI News
November 29, 2025

Srinagar:: Asserting that the snowfall will remain the biggest factor driving tourist footfall in the Valley, the Chief Minister Omar...

Read moreDetails

NC Govt likely to reshuffle, expand cabinet in Jan 2026

CM announces revival of ‘Darbar Move’
by KI News
November 29, 2025

Srinagar: The ruling National Conference-led government is likely to go for a cabinet reshuffle and expansion in January 2026, sources...

Read moreDetails

Pre-dawn blaze damages OPD building of JVC Hospital in Srinagar

Two Insaas rifles gutted in fire in Army camp in Rajouri
by KI News
November 29, 2025

Srinagar: A pre-dawn fire damaged several rooms of the Outpatient Department (OPD) building of JVC Hospital, Bemina, Srinagar, on Saturday,...

Read moreDetails

India’s GDP Growth Strengthens at 8.2%, Economic Outlook Remains Robust

GDP growth slows to 2-year low of 5.4% in Q2 on poor show by manufacturing, weak consumption
by KI News
November 28, 2025

New Delhi: India’s economy continues to show strong momentum, with real GDP growth estimated at 8.2% in Q2 of FY...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Suspended JK Police officer being brought to Delhi for questioning

Delhi court sends ex-JK cop Davinder Singh to one-month judicial custody

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.