• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

Trump orders ban on most transgenders from serving in US military

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 25, 2018
in WORLD
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Washington, Mar 24 : President Donald Trump today issued orders to ban most transgender people from serving in the US military except under “limited circumstances, following up on his controversial proposal last year that sparked widespread backlash by LGBT rights groups.

In his presidential memorandum, Trump said transgender persons with a history or diagnosis of gender dysphoria —  those who may require substantial medical treatment — are “disqualified from military service except under certain limited circumstances.”

More News

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

Load More

The memo did not elaborate on possible exceptions, but said the secretary of defence and secretary of homeland security “may exercise their authority to implement any appropriate policies concerning military service by transgender individuals”.

He allowed those transgenders who are already in the military to continue with their service.

Trump had signed a memorandum in August last year that barred transgender people from the armed forces, but it was blocked in court two months later after transgender troops took the policy to court.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement that Trump had rescinded his previous policy to allow this new policy to take its place.

The new policy, the White House said, was “developed through extensive study by senior uniformed and civilian leaders, including combat veterans,” under the direction of Defense Secretary James Mattis.

“I hereby revoke my memorandum of August 25, 2015 and any other directive I may have made with respect to military service by transgender individuals,” Trump said in the memorandum.

The memo said the experts’ study sets forth a policy to enhance US military’s readiness, lethality, and effectiveness.

“On the advice of these experts, the Secretary of Defence and the Secretary of Homeland Security have concluded that the accession or retention of individuals with a history or diagnosis of gender dysphoria—those who may require substantial medical treatment, including through medical drugs or surgery—presents considerable risk to military effectiveness and lethality,” the White House said.

“This new policy will enable the military to apply well-established mental and physical health standards—including those regarding the use of medical drugs—equally to all individuals who want to join and fight for the best military force the world has ever seen,” memo said.

The Democrats slammed Trump for his new policy on transgender.

“This latest memorandum is the same cowardly, disgusting ban the President announced last summer. No one with the strength and bravery to serve in the US military should be turned away because of who they are,” Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi said.

“The President’s hateful ban is purpose-built to humiliate our brave transgender members of the military who serve with honor and dignity. It will harm our nation’s readiness and hollow out our strength, for we only strengthen our military by honoring our values of freedom and equality.

“Once more, the President’s agenda of hate and prejudice is dictating our national security, instead of honor, decency and strength,” she said.

California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said his State will take every measure available to prevent Trump’s discriminatory action that harms or marginalizes transgender service members or any other transgender Americans who wish to courageously defend the nation.

“We must honor all those who serve in our military and sacrifice their lives to fight for the safety of our nation,” he said.

Joshua Block, a Senior Staff Attorney at the American Civil Liberties Union LGBT & HIV Project, said what the White House has released is transphobia masquerading as policy.

“This policy is not based on an evaluation of new evidence. It is reverse-engineered for the sole purpose of carrying out President Trump’s reckless and unconstitutional ban, undermining the ability of transgender service members to serve openly and military readiness as a whole,” Block said.

This decision is an insult to our brave transgender service members and all who wear US uniform, said the Democratic Party.

“Instead of fulfilling his oath to protect the American people, Donald Trump and Mike Pence are putting our nation’s security at risk and shoving real American patriots back in the closet,” it said.

Previous Post

Next Post

Karti shall not be arrested till April 16 in Aircel-Maxis cases: Court

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Director FES issues advisory on fire prevention
May 5, 2026

Beijing: At least 21 people were killed and 61 others injured in a massive explosion at a fireworks factory in...

Read moreDetails

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

UK review warns against anti-India rhetoric over Kashmir, pro-Khalistan extremism
May 3, 2026

Ottawa: Canada's intelligence agency has declared Khalistani extremists a "national security threat", adding that the group uses institutions to promote...

Read moreDetails

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

April 24, 2026

New Delhi:  The US on Thursday sought to control the damage done by a controversial social media repost by US...

Read moreDetails

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp
April 8, 2026

Tehran: US President Donald Trump pulled back on his threats to launch devastating strikes on Iran late Tuesday, swerving to...

Read moreDetails

India’s permanent contribution to agenda of world community is of enormous importance for us: Guterres

UN says violence against children in conflict reached extreme levels in 2023, including in Gaza
February 17, 2026

United Nations:  India's permanent contribution to the agenda of the international community and that of the UN is of "enormous...

Read moreDetails

Jaishankar reiterates India’s support for UNSC reform during meeting with G7 counterparts in Germany

Those enjoying benefits of permanent membership clearly not in hurry to see UN reforms: Jaishankar
February 14, 2026

Munich: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Saturday met his counterparts from the G7 countries as he reiterated India’s support...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Karti shall not be arrested till April 16 in Aircel-Maxis cases: Court

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.