• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

Death toll in coronavirus crosses 2,900 in China, global toll surges past 3,000

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 3, 2020
in WORLD
A A
0
Death toll in coronavirus crosses 2,900 in China, global toll surges past 3,000
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Beijing, Mar 2 : China has reported 42 new fatalities from the novel coronavirus outbreak, taking the death toll in the country to 2,912, Chinese health officials said on Monday, as the rapid spread of the epidemic wreaks havoc globally causing over 3,000 deaths and infecting more than 88,000 people.

The deadly virus that first emerged in China in December last year has spread to more than 70 countries and has infected more than 88,000 people, including over 80,000 in China.

More News

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

Load More

China’s National Health Commission (NHC) said on Sunday it received reports of 202 new confirmed cases of coronavirus on Sunday, taking the total number of cases in the mainland to 80,026.

The new cases are the lowest since January 22 when Beijing initiated emergency measures, including placing the worst-hit Wuhan city and 17 other cities with over 50 million people under lockdown.

Forty-two deaths were reported on Sunday in the virus-hit Hubei Province and its capital Wuhan, the NHC said in its daily report.

The overall cases included 2,912 people, died of the disease, 32,652 patients who were still being treated and 44,462 patients discharged after recovery, it said.

The commission said that 715 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus.

Hubei province and its capital Wuhan which remained the epicentres of the coronavirus outbreak reported 196 new confirmed cases.

The latest report brought the total confirmed cases in the hard-hit province to 67,103 and that of total deaths to 2,803, including 2,227 fatalities in Wuhan, local health commission said.

Wuhan reported 193 confirmed cases and 32 deaths on Sunday. In total, the city has registered 49,315 confirmed cases.

The province also saw 2,570 patients discharged from hospital after recovery on Sunday, bringing the total number of discharged patients in the province to 33,757.

Among the 26,901 hospitalised patients, 5,646 were still in severe condition and another 1,226 in critical condition.

The commission also said 80 new suspected cases were reported on Sunday.

All over China 2,837 people were discharged from hospital after recovery on Sunday, while the number of severe cases decreased by 255 to 7,110, the NHC said.

New virus: Nearly 89,000 infected, over 3,000 dead

Beijing, Mar 2:  A new virus first detected in China has infected nearly 89,000 people globally and caused more than 3,000 deaths.

The World Health Organization has named the illness COVID-19, referring to its origin late last year and the coronavirus that causes it.

The latest figures reported by each government’s health authority: Mainland China: 2,912 deaths among 80,026 cases, mostly in the central province of Hubei Hong Kong: 94 cases, 2 deaths Macao: 10 cases South Korea: 4,212 cases, 22 deaths Italy: 1,694 cases, 34 deaths Iran: 978 cases, 54 deaths Japan: 961 cases, including 705 from the Diamond Princess cruise ship, 12 deaths France: 130 cases, including one on the French Caribbean island of Guadeloupe, 2 deaths Singapore: 106 cases United States: 80 cases, 2 deaths Spain: 71 cases Germany: 66 Bahrain: 47 Kuwait: 46 Thailand: 43 cases, 1 death Taiwan: 40 cases, 1 death United Kingdom: 35 cases, 1 death Malaysia: 29 cases Australia: 24 cases, 1 death Canada: 24 cases United Arab Emirates: 21 Iraq: 19 Norway: 19 Vietnam: 16 Sweden: 15 Israel: 10 Lebanon: 10 Netherlands: 10 Switzerland: 10 Croatia: 7 Greece: 7 Finland: 6 Oman: 6 Austria: 5 Russia: 5 Mexico: 4 Pakistan: 4 Czech Republic 3 India: 3 Philippines: 3 cases, 1 death Qatar: 3 cases Romania: 3 Belarus: 2 Belgium: 2 Brazil: 2 Denmark: 2 Egypt: 2 Georgia: 2 Indonesia: 2 Afghanistan: 1 Algeria: 1 Armenia 1 Azerbaijan: 1 Cambodia: 1 Dominican Republic 1 Ecuador: 1 Estonia: 1 Iceland: 1 Ireland: 1 Lithuania: 1 Monaco: 1 Nepal: 1 New Zealand: 1 Nigeria: 1 North Macedonia: 1 San Marino: 1 Sri Lanka: 1 (AP)

Previous Post

Illegal entries for 11725 kanals of land expunged in Srinagar

Next Post

Mechanism in place for quick deliverance of public services: Advisor Sharma

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Director FES issues advisory on fire prevention
May 5, 2026

Beijing: At least 21 people were killed and 61 others injured in a massive explosion at a fireworks factory in...

Read moreDetails

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

UK review warns against anti-India rhetoric over Kashmir, pro-Khalistan extremism
May 3, 2026

Ottawa: Canada's intelligence agency has declared Khalistani extremists a "national security threat", adding that the group uses institutions to promote...

Read moreDetails

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

April 24, 2026

New Delhi:  The US on Thursday sought to control the damage done by a controversial social media repost by US...

Read moreDetails

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp
April 8, 2026

Tehran: US President Donald Trump pulled back on his threats to launch devastating strikes on Iran late Tuesday, swerving to...

Read moreDetails

India’s permanent contribution to agenda of world community is of enormous importance for us: Guterres

UN says violence against children in conflict reached extreme levels in 2023, including in Gaza
February 17, 2026

United Nations:  India's permanent contribution to the agenda of the international community and that of the UN is of "enormous...

Read moreDetails

Jaishankar reiterates India’s support for UNSC reform during meeting with G7 counterparts in Germany

Those enjoying benefits of permanent membership clearly not in hurry to see UN reforms: Jaishankar
February 14, 2026

Munich: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Saturday met his counterparts from the G7 countries as he reiterated India’s support...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Mechanism in place for quick deliverance of public services: Advisor Sharma

Mechanism in place for quick deliverance of public services: Advisor Sharma

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.