• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

The order issued by Secretary Education contrary to Govt’s proposal: Sakina Ittoo

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
August 24, 2025
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Raabita reflects continued commitment of govt to public welfare, responsive governance: Sakeena Itoo

File Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

“No school will be taken over by govt permanently”

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Education Minister Sakina Itoo on Saturday asserted that these schools, run by FAT, will only be looked after by the government till the new management committees are formed.

More News

LG orders re-opening of 14 tourist spots in J&K

PM Modi inaugurates India AI Impact Expo, interacts with startups

New Assembly complex to be ready by Oct 2027, says Dy CM Choudhary

Load More

Asking opposition parties not to politicise the issue, the minister said the rules were clear that when the tenure of managing committees of these schools expires, the government can look after the school till the new management committee is formed.

Itoo said if the management committee of any school is formed tomorrow, and its CID verification is received, then the school will be handed over immediately.

The clarification comes after political parties lashed out at the ruling National Conference (NC) government over the order.

The minister said the draft approved by her mentioned that the cluster principals would look after these schools, contrary to the order issued by the School Education Department Secretary, an IAS officer who reports to the LG.

In an order issued late Friday evening, the Secretary ordered the takeover of the schools, which were run by the JeI and its affiliate Falah-e-Aam Trust (FAT). The order said the management of such schools will be taken over by the district magistrates/deputy commissioners, who shall then propose a fresh management committee.

However, Itoo said the order issued by the Secretary was “distorted”.

“It is a wrong order, I accept that. The order has been distorted. It is not our order,” she told reporters in Anantnag district in south Kashmir.

The minister said the schools will be looked after by the government until a new management committee is formed.

She said the management committees of these 215 schools had received negative CID verification six to eight years back and their terms had expired, as such, the schools were left in the lurch.

“The career of the children was in the dark. They were facing difficulties at the time of the Board exams, they were in distress. Students and people used to approach us regularly as they faced problems at the time of board examinations. The Board (J&K Board of School Education) did not accept them.

“So, the Education Department decided that the nearest cluster principals would look after these schools in which over 51,000 students were enrolled,” she said, reiterating what she had earlier said in a video message.

Itoo said the government has not banned or closed such schools.

“The order is that if the managing committees are formed in three months, and their verifications come, then the schools will be handed over to them.

“If the people from the village where the school is located form a managing committee tomorrow and their CID verifications come, we will hand over the school to them immediately,” she added.

The minister said the rules were clear that when the managing committees of these schools expire, the government can look after the school till the new management committee is formed.

“Students, teachers and structures would remain as such, only nearest principals will look after them till new management committees were formed,” the minister added.

She said the decision was taken to safeguard the future of the students in these schools.

“That was our proposal, but when the order was issued, it was mentioned that the deputy commissioners will look after and frame management committees and some other things, which was not our proposal,” she said.

The minister said she had sent an approved note of the order to the Secretary, asking him to frame the order accordingly. However, that has not happened, she added.

When asked if the Secretary had done so deliberately, the minister said, “You should ask him”.

“I want to clear my stand that our proposal was for the career of the students and so that they can undertake examinations smoothly,” she added.

She lashed out at the political parties, especially the PDP, for criticising the move.

“It was in her (Mehbooba Mufti’s) rule that the CID verifications of these schools came as adverse. Why did she not raise her voice then or all these years? They should not indulge in politics over this. This is a matter of the future of the children,” she said.

Itoo assured the people that no school will be taken over by the government permanently. “Once the managing committee is formed, schools will be handed over to them”.

Previous Post

Tracing history, Sajad Lone blames Abdullahs and Muftis for this mess

Next Post

Pol parties in Kashmir train guns at NC govt for takeover of JeI-linked schools; BJP welcomes it

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG orders re-opening of 14 tourist spots in J&K

Universities must be powerhouse of ideas, ready to solve real-world problems: LG
February 17, 2026

Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Monday ordered the reopening of 14 tourist spots in the Union...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi inaugurates India AI Impact Expo, interacts with startups

PM Modi inaugurates India AI Impact Expo, interacts with startups
February 17, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday inaugurated the India AI Impact Expo here featuring over 600 high-potential startups...

Read moreDetails

New Assembly complex to be ready by Oct 2027, says Dy CM Choudhary

Dy CM reviews progress of NH Projects across Jammu division
February 17, 2026

Jammu:  Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Kumar Choudhary on Monday inspected the ongoing construction of the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly complex...

Read moreDetails

J&K Police busts Rs 209 crore interstate online investment scam; 9 arrested

Govt promotes 27 DySsP to Incharge Superintendents of Police
February 17, 2026

Srinagar:  Jammu and Kashmir Police has unearthed a Rs 209 crore interstate online investment scam in Ganderbal district, and arrested...

Read moreDetails

JK govt to survey 10 districts on drug abuse

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
February 17, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government will survey drug abuse in 10 districts of the Union territory as it has...

Read moreDetails

Khelo India Winter Games starting from Feb 23, raises hopes of tourism revival in Gulmarg

5th National Ski Mountaineering Championship concludes at Gulmarg
February 17, 2026

Srinagar: The Khelo India Winter Games, starting from February 23 and to be held at Kashmir's Gulmarg, will witness participation...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Pol parties in Kashmir train guns at NC govt for takeover of JeI-linked schools; BJP welcomes it

Pol parties in Kashmir train guns at NC govt for takeover of JeI-linked schools; BJP welcomes it

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.