• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home BUSINESS

Bengal: Section of jobless teachers leave for Delhi to highlight their issue in national capital

Pratap Bhanu Mehta by Pratap Bhanu Mehta
April 14, 2025
in BUSINESS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Kolkata:  A section of teachers rendered jobless by a recent Supreme Court verdict began their journey to Delhi on Monday to broaden their agitation beyond West Bengal.

The teachers plan to hold a sit-in at Jantar Mantar on April 16.

More News

PM Modi, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince commend two-way investment flows

PM’s speech translated real time in sign language through AI technology at AI Summit

Allocations for women and children up by 11.55% in Budget: Govt

Load More

Mehboob Mondal, one of the spokespersons for the ‘Deserving Teachers’ Rights Forum,’ said around 70 affected teachers — dismissed following the Supreme Court’s April 3 order scrapping 26,000 teaching and non-teaching jobs — left from Kolkata’s Esplanade area in two buses.

“Our protest is against the sacking of eligible teachers who had cleared the 2016 SSC recruitment test purely on merit. Despite this, we’ve been unfairly clubbed with those involved in corruption. The apex court declared the entire process vitiated. What are we supposed to do now?” Mondal told PTI.

He added that the state’s offer to allow the terminated staff to work voluntarily has found few takers.

“We want to present our side before the people in the national capital. Several prominent persons have expressed support and plan to visit us during the sit-in,” he said.

Mondal confirmed that all those traveling to Delhi would participate in the three-hour protest at Jantar Mantar and said that necessary permissions from Delhi authorities had been obtained.

Meanwhile, the ongoing sit-in by ‘eligible’ teachers at the Y-Channel near Esplanade in Kolkata will continue.

The Supreme Court order on April 3 invalidated the appointments of 26,000 teaching and non-teaching staff in state-sponsored and aided schools after finding large-scale irregularities in the 2016 recruitment by the School Service Commission (SSC).

Protesters argue the SSC failed to distinguish between fraudulent and legitimate candidates, leading to the blanket cancellation of appointments.

The agitating teachers have urged the state government and the SSC to devise a mechanism to reinstate deserving candidates. They have been staging protests across the state for several days.

The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) has filed a petition in the Supreme Court requesting that the dismissed staff be allowed to continue until the end of the academic year or until a new recruitment process is completed—whichever is earlier.

Education Minister Bratya Basu, in the presence of WBBSE president Ramanuj Ganguly, had last week said the petition is expected to be heard by the apex court on April 17.

 

Previous Post

Cartoon

Next Post

Rs 1,800cr drugs seized off Gujarat coast; consignment was TN-bound

Pratap Bhanu Mehta

Pratap Bhanu Mehta

Related Posts

PM Modi, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince commend two-way investment flows

PM Modi, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince commend two-way investment flows
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Khaled bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al...

Read moreDetails

PM’s speech translated real time in sign language through AI technology at AI Summit

Take part in ‘Your Money, Your Right’ movement: PM Modi
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  India's strides in artificial intelligence were showcased during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's speech at the AI Impact Summit...

Read moreDetails

Allocations for women and children up by 11.55% in Budget: Govt

Allocations for women and children up by 11.55% in Budget: Govt
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  Allocation for women and girls under various schemes has increased by 11.55 per cent to Rs 5.01 lakh...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi meets Google CEO, discusses AI collaborations

Pahalgam terror attack: PM Modi steps up diplomatic offensive against Pak
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday had a meeting with Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google and its parent...

Read moreDetails

India AI Impact Expo powerful convergence of ideas, innovation, intent: PM Modi

   PM Modi pitches for ‘swadeshi’ goods
February 17, 2026

New Delhi: India AI Impact Expo 2026 was a powerful convergence of ideas, innovation and intent, Prime Minister Narendra Modi...

Read moreDetails

Farmers’ interests safeguarded in India-US trade deal: Shivraj Singh Chouhan

Centre to set up Clean Plant facility to provide disease-resistant plants to horticulturists in Kashmir
February 17, 2026

Jaipur:  Union Agriculture Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday said the recent India-US trade deal was finalised after careful consideration...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Rs 1,800cr drugs seized off Gujarat coast; consignment was TN-bound

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.